H

Hulk

Sep 3, 2011
Green Tea for weight loss! Effective? Yes/No or Undecided

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
It helps. Green tea and thermogenesis: interactions between catechin-polyphenols, caffeine and sympathetic activity A G Dulloo et al. is probably the most referenced study on the topic however plenty exist mind you ECGC is often used instead of tea it's self. I have used green tea in MANY cut diets and pre-comp with great success.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
I always throw it in with my cutters. it is dirt cheap. oh and yeah i think it helps.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I don't think it helps. I buy my tea from teavana and I don't think it helps me lose weight.

Slic.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
if your brewing it, it may help by replacing the Mountain Dew the average person has in their mouth all day. as a supp, i have heard that it is pretty effective, antioxidants and other goodies.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I don't drink soda pop. As a supplement, what am I doing wrong?

Slic.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
You are assuming you will notice the impact which isn't always the case. The science supports it and it seems to work when tested on clients (3 cups a day plus ECGC supp).

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I'm at the 3 pots a day @ 22oz per pot.

Slic.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
Try ECGC instead, it's what really makes the impact.

Right Said Fred

Right Said Fred

Sep 9, 2011
I have been a white/green tea drinker for the past 15 years (5+ cups a day). Has it kept my weight in check? Highly unlikely. Has it kept me healthy? Absolutely! If your replacing green tea with lets say coffee that contains sugar and cream, then it will be effective in wieght loss due to replacing a higher calorie drink with a lower calorie drink. I have never drank coffee, always tea. Never add anything to my tea whereas my son likes to add a little honey.

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
Green tea has many proven health benefits which include....

Its anti-aging properties and prevention of disease.

Green tea is helpful with influencing the health of the brain, heart, circulatory system, the kidneys and skin. Green tea has an abundance of anti-oxidants qualities that are anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-viral.

Green tea has the ability to lower blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol, and is helpful as a diet aid. The anti-oxidants in green tea can even guard against scurvy, help with diabetes, bone density and is even useful as a protection from radiation poisoning and cancer.

Some cancers that are eased by green tea are bladder, colon, stomach, esophageal, lung, liver, pancreatic and prostate cancer.

As with other teas, green tea is useful in protecting your teeth, liver and your heart as well as positively influencing the effects of arthritis.

There are still many other individuals who feel that green tea is beneficial in the aid of Alzheimer and Parkinson disease as well as multiple sclerosis and increasing the metabolism while also fighting viruses.

When you think about it, green tea is truly amazing as it offers so many different positive healthy benefits throughout the entire body. Green tea taste great, relaxes you and puts you in a good mood, what more can you ask for?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic