Latest Member
Joannafit

Grand Rapids MI -Beercation

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Headed into Grand Rapids MI end of next week on another beercation adventure. We opted for this city/state for this one.

If anyone from around there have any suggestions in the area, post them up.

Thanks!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Never been.

I did just hit up Side Project while in St. Louis, amazing.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
@beefnewton , did Baltimore/NE a couple yrs ago - been there done that.
San Fran: On our to do list, haven't made it out there yet.
Chicago: already did lol.

For this MI trip, some back story here.....we chose to go here for a quick getaway as it was drivable for everyone.

There are other places on our list to hit too. Denver CO is on our list, havent hit up the brews out there.

Asheville, NC - we did this yrs ago too. Great places out there!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
If this is to be a "beercation," do you even plan to get near a Gym?

Will workouts be limited to Burpees?

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
If this is to be a "beercation," do you even plan to get near a Gym?

Will workouts be limited to Burpees?

Perhaps! Def burps lol.....
Will see what is around our lil airbnb. If there is a cool hardcore gym, i'll likely visit.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Bro that is awesome. We went to Minnesota for the same reason last year, food and beer. There is a pretty good beer culture in Tx but go up north! Wow these folk no how to brew! There are also breweries in so many restaurants. We want to go to MI soon. I think we will go far north east next fall after we get back from Italy. It is fun to travel back from overseas to a diff city, stay a couple days to reacclimate then come back home.

Please take pics of the brews you like! post em

We went to SF not long ago. Wicked expensive for everything. Hotels are through the roof! Food and beverages are exorbitant. Then watch out for nutty people. They are everywhere. Such a beautiful area but while sitting on the wharf with my arms around my wife, looking out into the bay, there was a dude screaming at people walking on the sidewalk. We went to a nice restaurant, sat down, it smelled like a truck stop bathroom that had not been cleaned in a yard.

They re sat us and it was better. A we left we found that the side of the building where the restaurant was, was a toilet for homeless. They actually have a public works crew to pick up human waste and used needles in the city.

I will not go back ever.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
daad8d36b157fd4d87e0c3427058ba82.jpg

These are all the ones we went to. Arvon had the best.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Dang bro that is a lot of brew! So jealous.

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
Tell me you drank the Mead from curved horns!? I am fond of making mead, from ancient traditional recipes to new shit with massive amounts of Fruits and sometimes silly little spices and herbs finishing with French Oak.

Meads can be awesome. make some good ones.. than watch Vikings with the fam as you drink your mead from curved horns. good times....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic