Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Going under the knife Thursday (knee)

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
Well, 12th day since the tendon reattachment surgery. Staples came out Friday. Pain is not very much and I can put a decent amount of weight on the repaired leg (maybe 30 to 40% while pissing or at the sink). Surgeon told me he is optimistic I will be walking with a stabilizer brace in 8 weeks. In three weeks I see him again and get another MRI to check on the ACL & meniscus healing.

Thanks for all your input and support brothers!

P

pepino

Jul 1, 2013
Good friend of mine (an Olympic Weightlifter) had your surgery Beyonder approximately 8 months ago. And he is up to a respectable 405 (~184 kilos) on the squat for one rep, just below parallel.

And this squat weight is crazy considering that he couldn't even climb up his steps at home right after his surgery.

I told him that he was nuts for squatting so much, too soon, and he just smiled at me.

My point? Don't give up the fight brother. Slow and steady and soon you will be back in the game.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
Good luck man, I just went under the knife last monday and had 2 disks cut out and fused. I just got released for PT today and can't wait. At least I will be able to pick up something heavy soon!

harrybrah

harrybrah

Aug 29, 2013
best thing for tendons IMO is 1. Cissus, 2. joint supp(animal flex) 3 fishoil, 4-multi, 5-high dose vit C+collagen supp. There's some more supps, but that'll just cost extra, id recommend taking the ones I've said and run GHRP6/CJC no dac 3-5 time a day for huge pulses of GH which will heal your tendon and ligaments.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Good luck man, I just went under the knife last monday and had 2 disks cut out and fused. I just got released for PT today and can't wait. At least I will be able to pick up something heavy soon!

good luck I been there. Just keep on with the Pt , learn from it, then utilize nutritional support. We all get excited about building muscle and all the gear and supps to assist us the quest. A beginners post here reminds me that we sometimes forget that indirectly we need to maintain our immune system , intestinal health etc. in order for us bodybuilder power lifter athletes we punish our bodies by training so hard while also holding Careers and families. We use gear that stresses our systems but we need our body to be heAlthy to be able to digest the nutrients , fight free radical damage and nourish the endocrine system - that's where all these antioxidant and greens and intestinal bacteria supps come in. Good luck bro

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic