Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Going under the knife Thursday (knee)

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
Well, my insurance finally kicked in so I am getting surgery for my near total quadriceps tendon tear in my right leg. The ACL is/was partially torn so I may have to get that repaired not long after. Can't do both at the same time.

I've read low dose EQ and test can help repair tendons quicker. Of course HGH and IGF-1 have their supporters in tendon and ligament injury repair.

What are your thoughts?
Any tips on what to avoid or add supplement-wise after surgery?

Thanks bros. I'll update my status Friday after the meds wear off.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Well, my insurance finally kicked in so I am getting surgery for my near total quadriceps tendon tear in my right leg. The ACL is/was partially torn so I may have to get that repaired not long after. Can't do both at the same time.

I've read low dose EQ and test can help repair tendons quicker. Of course HGH and IGF-1 have their supporters in tendon and ligament injury repair.

What are your thoughts?
Any tips on what to avoid or add supplement-wise after surgery?

Thanks bros. I'll update my status Friday after the meds wear off.

Good luck TheBeyonder, you'll be all right brother.

Once the surgery is over with, keep it slow and steady. Hgh is good, skip the igf. There isn't any good ones out there these days, just the Chinese watered down garabage. Use the extra money you save for hgh.

Get some Cissus, a low dose of deca and test. Also, adequan is very good to throw into the mix.

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
Thanks Rider. This is my first surgery. First serious injury ever really other than a nasty cut. I've always been scared about waking up during surgery. I suffer from sleep paralysis often. I'm asking for a local anesthetic just in case.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014

I've read low dose EQ and test can help repair tendons quicker. NOT, NOT, NOT!!! (post a copy of that forum or blog COMMENT because NO SUCH study has been conducted especially in humans)

What's the hurry all the sudden? Those who are NOT patient and follow the rehab plan as directed by their surgeon almost always do more harm than good.

So first since there is NO EVIDENCE AAS promote or accelerate TYPE I collagen (tendon) injury, DO NOT USE AAS fella. One frequently overlooked PROBLEM of using AAS for post-operative MS healing, excluding the fact it's NOT effective, is your muscular development will EXCEED the STRENGTH of your NEWLY repaired tendon and predispose you to a re-tear!

Now ask yourself this question. Is the risk of having ANOTHER TENDON surgery AND waiting even longer to repair your ACL worth it???

Look simply follow the advice of your surgeon and physical therapist because you WILL rue the day, should you sustain a re-tear, since if that happens the rate of a "successful redo" is reduced by at least 50% and almost always mandates a TENDON TRANSFER. None of that is good, period!

NEVERTHELESS, GOOD LUCK
jim

Last edited:
TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
Thanks Doc. It was over @ Meso. I know you and Dr. Scally both chimed in. There was so much conflicting information that is why I posted this. I read IGF-1 helped. Basically someone posted some evidence for six or seven different compounds helping tendon and/or ligament rebuilding. Is there anything worth taking in your opinion? Supplements, HGH, etc... Or is a healthy diet enough? I won't know how much my meniscus tears have healed or my ACL until after the surgery. The injury occurred 7 weeks ago so I am far behind and I'm guessing have plenty of scar tissue. Any advice will be greatly appreciated Dr. Jim!

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Conflicting info? None which is evidence based such as scientific literature, articles or citations. Forums are often inundated with "bro science" where some use their personal EXPERIENCE as evidence.

So unless that "source" provides a reference it's probably not worth the time spent reading it.

Based on EXISTING EVIDENCE there is NOTHING currently available which SPECIFICALLY accelerates the repair of JOINT collagen.

Now whats even more important, unless your a professional athlete why are you asking these questions?

How do you think you would benefit? ONE extra month of of SIX in the GYM? Yea so what fella, tell me how that difference would change your life?

Well rest assured that "extra month" even if it was achievable would change nothing really.

GTG

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
Getting back to work. I was working construction and I cannot get disability unless I will be out for over a year. I have no source of income while recovering.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Good luck with the surgery.i agree with the doc.just follow your rehab as instructed by your surgeon.i had rotator cuff surgery and did exactly what I was told to do.i have recovered 100 percent.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
TheBeyonder, how you doing after the surgery?

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
They rescheduled it for the 15th. The pain is bad since last night. Couldn't even sleep until I took 3 x 7.5mg hydrocodone and two flexeril. I doubt 20 of each will last me until next Friday unless I sleep all day. Thanks for asking brother.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Damn, I hear you. Doctors can be the worst, its not their body. Happened to me before. I booked an appointment, hadto wait 3 weeks to get in, then an hour before I was ready to go, the doctor got called away on emergency. They rescheduled me an additonal 3 weeks later. As long as its not life or death, they make ya wait, which gets extremely frustrating.

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
I hear you. I believe mine was rescheduled because of trauma patients. My recovery is going to be slow. I can't have the ACL or meniscus tears repaired for 8 - 12 weeks. Basically, when the quadricep tendon is healed up, then I get more surgery... Yippee! I need some SSDI.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic