Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

GFS/WCBB Refugee made it across the seas.

ncsports

ncsports

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2023
Hey everyone - I have been away from the boards (GFS/WCBB mostly) for a while now. I would drop in to Bass's from time to time but have had some injuries (a couple surgeries) as of late with the most recent one being a complete quad tendon tear. I had "emergency" surgery on Easter morning of 2022.
I have spent the last year rehabbing which has not been easy and just started to run again a few weeks ago. It was not pretty. Quad is extremely weak but getting better with each workout.

In my 50s now my priorities have changed a lot in the last few years.

I hope to hang out a bit more often as time permits.

Thanks for having me aboard.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Welcome to the board. Pretty sure I’ve seen you at WCBB, I would stop in there occasionally.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Welcome brother. Happy to see you made it over with the rest of us.

P

pincushn

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
NC! Great to see you around....its raining men and all that shit lol

Hope you keep healing up.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Welcome! Good to see you! Not sure if you "just" had a quad tear or it was a rupture, but I had a rupture and if you have any questions about recovery PM me.

ncsports

ncsports

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2023
Welcome! Good to see you! Not sure if you "just" had a quad tear or it was a rupture, but I had a rupture and if you have any questions about recovery PM me.
Funny you say that as it was referred to by different people as a tendon tear and tendon rupture.
The tendon was 99% gone. Somehow I walked around for 2 wks thinking that it was a muscle injury and would resolve w/rest.

(When you are middle aged and playing soccer, muscle tears are something you know about)

After that 2 wks there was no change so I called and luckily got in right away. After an initial look and poking his finger through my leg where the tendon should have been, the PA quickly immobilized me and got w/the surgeon.

The fear was that the tendon would go the rest of the way w/me being stupid and walking around on it.

So surgery was just over a year ago and I have totally changed everything. My quad is still very weak but progress is happening, slow but sure.

Torchy

Torchy

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
We're getting old nc!

Happy to see you finally made it over. Missed you ;)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic