angelarbatt
What's New?

Get Rid of those Processed Sugars!

tilltheend

tilltheend

MuscleHead
Nov 22, 2011
Get Rid of those Processed Sugars!

Although we are born toothless, we already have a sweet tooth. We have developed taste buds in our fourth month in the womb. Almost immediately after birth, we respond to sweet tastes with smiles and to bitter tastes with grimaces. The history of sugar is long and political suffice it to say that there are more processed sugars in our daily consumption of calories than ever before.

What does this mean for our health? There is a growing understanding that in order to maintain good health and physical function, the removal of toxins from the body is critical. Exposure to toxins is a daily occurrence for every one.

Consider the effects of removing one of these known toxins from our body through a processed sugar elimination diet. You will take a burden off your over burdened detoxification systems in the liver and kidneys, allowing these systems to recover and therefore function more efficiently and effectively. Your body will then work to eliminate all toxins in a way that will assist in healing and reaching the goals that you have established for yourself.

Here is why you should eliminate processed sugars from your diet:
1. Processed sugars bind with vitamins and minerals in your body, thus depleting vital nutrients.
2. Processed sugars bind with and dissolve B vitamins in the digestive tract, resulting in undesirable stress reactions and health problems in the skin, nerves, and digestive system.
3. Processed sugar requires insulin production, which increases fat storage.
4. Processed sugar depresses the immune system by inhibiting the endocrine system. This decreases your body’s ability to heal.
5. Medical research shows that processed sugar lowers the body’s ability to control and heal diseases such as diabetes, hypoglycemia, cancer, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure.

Through eliminating processed sugar in general, you may expect to see an increase in your energy level, a decrease in mental fogginess and a decrease in body pain with corresponding increased functional levels. Some individuals experience an adjustment phase as the body begins the detoxification process. This phase usually lasts approximately one week. Symptoms may vary from changes in sleep patterns, joint stiffness, gastrointestinal function and headaches or light-headedness.

How do I avoid processed sugar?

Sugar is one of those hidden substances that you need to look for. It may go under the name of any of the following:

1. Sugar
2. Brown Sugar
3. Sucrose
4. Cane Sugar/Syrup
5. Glucose
6. Dextrose
7. Fructose
8. Corn Syrup
9. Corn Sugar
10. Sucanat
11. Turbinado
12. Fruit Juice Concentrates
13. Beet Sugar
14. Beet Syrup
15. High-fructose Corn Syrup
16. High-maltose Corn Syrup
17. Malitol
18. Sorbitol
19. Mannitol
20. Isomalt
21. Erythritol
22. Aspartame
23. NutraSweet
24. Saccharin
25. Vinegars
26. All Alcoholic Beverages

So what can I eat?

Unprocessed sugars, which may be allowable in small amounts, are:

1. Raw Honey (This honey is not heated above hive temperature in processing)
2. Pure Maple Sugar
3. Brown Rice Syrup
4. Molasses
5. Stevia
6. Unprocessed Fruit Juices
7. Agave

It is important to read the labels of food products in order to avoid sugar products. The above list does not mean that these things must be avoided in total. There are products in the categories listed below which do not contain sugar or sugar products. This list is only to assist you in beginning the label reading process, which will help you determine which foods have hidden sugars as ingredients.

Sugar or sugar substitutes are found on the labels of several types of foods, including but no limited to:

1. Alcohol
2. Condiments (Ketchup, Relish, Mustard)
3. Toothpaste
4. Yogurts
5. Spaghetti Sauce
6. Prepared meats
7. Breads
8. Muffins
9. Salad Dressings
10. Soups
11. Chewing Gum

By knowing what processed sugars do to our body as well as where they are hidden in foods, we can make smart choices about what we eat and control those toxins. Often, we do not know how good we can feel until we try something as simple as this.

By Carla Bekker Smith

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
In my book the bodybuilder worst enemy

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Any time I want to lean out a bit I just cut out all my sugars and lower my starches a bit.

F

FitnessFreek

Dec 11, 2011
Do you just search the net for these articles to post? Anyways, good info

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
Good info is good info, no matter where is comes from.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
i gotta bitch because sucrose-3 is a artificial sweetener as are 22,23 24 aspartame,nutra sweet and Saccharin and they are closer to poison than sugar. There needs to be more studies done,but FDA aint gunna do it. Rumsfield bought them off for Aspartame and never looked back. Any of these artificial sweeteners kill my digestive system and I avoid them even in minute amounts

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic