Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

general fat loss

A

altered beast

Mar 4, 2013
does anyone have a specific diet that could help me out. i have an office job and count my calories but no matter how much i work out the stomach fat just doesnt come off. i work out 5 days a week with a little cardio following lifting. im 5,10 226 pounds 33 old currently on 6 meals a day.

breakfast 5 eggs
meal 2 shake and teaspoon of pb
lunch 8 oz chicken yogurt
meal4 shake teaspoon of pb
dinner 8 oz either chicken or meat sallad
meal 6 shake and pb

E

eknight

Mar 28, 2013
How many kcals is that? Have you taken the time to determine your actual BMR and activity? IMO, that's not nearly enough carbs for healthy sustenance with a 5 day training routine. -EK

Last edited:
J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
I would ditch the shakes and add some greens into your diet and ad another whole food meal like tuna/chicken/brown rice

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
The carb cycling diet outlined in this link works great for everyone if you follow it without cheating. I assume you are also doing some type of cardio, but if not start it up. Preferably first thing in the morning on an empty stomach when your glycogen levels are already low.

http://www.probodybuilding.com/bodybuilding-diet-male-pre-contest.php

Carb cycling worked well for me but I don't have the skills to put the diet together properly. I paid Helios Nutrition to do it.

I do however have a great time on a Cyclical Ketogenic Diet. I lose plenty of fat that way and do it eating bacon. Do a search here for info on CKD. its a sticky in the diet forum I think.

A

altered beast

Mar 4, 2013
i just use an app on my phone for the calorie intake its around 2000 calories a day im taking in. i dont really do any cardio other than the jogging before workout and after totals about a mile or two depending how i feal that day.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
i just use an app on my phone for the calorie intake its around 2000 calories a day im taking in. i dont really do any cardio other than the jogging before workout and after totals about a mile or two depending how i feal that day.

I'm think you are not eating enough.
If you bust your ass in the gym, and do cardio before and after, you're looking at burning close to 1000 calories during your workout.
If you burn that much while only consuming 2000, your net intake at the end of the day (excluding basal metabolic rate calorie burn) is about 1000.
Using a simple BMR calculator (the first link in a google search), a person of your size and age burns a bit over 2100 calories a day, WITHOUT EXERCISE.
Based on this math, I think you are under-eating severely.

If you burn 2100 calories a day doing nothing, eat your 2000, your net intake is negative 100 calories. This makes you retain almost all calories to be stored as fat, and definitely will not allow you to build good, lean muscle. Your body feels like you're on the brink of starvation, therefore will take the necessary precautions to preserve life.

On workout days, you're looking to be 1000 calories in the negative... That's HORRIBLE! Not good for your brain or your body.
It's a hard pill to swallow, but eating more will allow you to lose fat and your body will treat fat as a luxury, not a necessity.
Hopefully, others chime in and elaborate on what I've said.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I bet you are keto on this diet. You could get strips to test your piss. This is a tricky one. When you say "shake" what is it exactly? And the PB... are you sure only 1 tbs at a time? I always tend to overindulge on the PB.

A

altered beast

Mar 4, 2013
yeah its only 1 tsp lol im desperately trying to ditch this gut. i dont really ever cheat meal wise but i do drink on the weekends usually saturday night idk i have been eating more but i feal so bloated at the end of the day

A

altered beast

Mar 4, 2013
shake i mean protein shake i think its 6 star labs its cheap from walmart like 15 bucks

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
That wal mart shut was tested and had heavy metals in it that is why it is 15 bucks get some quality product to start out and make damn sure you restrict the carbs, get keto strips like mentioned above this will help you monitor things.

And use cardio as a tool it can really help you out.

A

altered beast

Mar 4, 2013
i dont really eat carbs thats the problem i do have a desk job that im at work about 60 hours a week i really think thats the main problem is just sitting around all day

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic