Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Gas $6.00 A Gallon

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I don't know if it'll go to that price everywhere but eventually probably will. Electric cars for me or not the solution. People think electric cars are perfectly clean and good for the environment and all that BS where do you think the electric comes from?? Coal!! Yes we have some wind power and we have solar power but the main source of energy is fossil fuels. So they're talking now of phasing out homes using natural gas so everything will have to be electric so what does that create? A monopoly on electric service. Look what happened in Texas? They got overrun and their grids collapsed and people died because we couldn't supply what we needed. Yes I know I know, there was a lot more to it than just that but let's stay out of the politics of this.

Electric cars have their own issues as far as recycling batteries which don't happen so we get all rid of all our combustion engines and replace it all with electric cars and 20 years down the road we're going to have so much dead batteries being stored and leaking crap into the ground and ruining drinking water.

Some of you or guys and gals remember in the 70s with the gas shortages how the government forced car manufacturers to make cars that got much better gas mileage and they did it almost overnight. If you bought a car that didn't get x amount per gallon you had to pay a surcharge for the additional fuel use based on the life of that vehicle. If they're worried about using too much fuel and too much emissions why not force car manufacturers to make cars that get 100 miles to the gallon?? I'm sure it can be done but nobody can drive a 700 horsepower car and get that type of mileage. If you want to drive a car that has 700 horsepower you pay a surcharge. Not trying to be a dick but some things that are luxury items that are not necessities you pay more for it. But if I need a new car and all I can buy is an electric car and it's going to cost me $40000to $50,000 I personally can't afford that. But I can go out and spend $20,000 on a combustion engine car why should I have to pay twice the price to appease the far left when they don't look at the overall picture. What they have to mine to get the material to build the batteries and when the batteries die 8 to 10 years down the road right now they can only recycle about 10% of them and it's very dangerous to take those batteries apart and you have all this material that they can't dispose of in landfill because it can seep into the water tables that we drink. It's just changing one environmental hazard for another.

And as far as taxes go the government makes more money off of the oil and gas industry than most other businesses they pay as they drill, they pay as they pull, they pay when it's transported, they pay when it's refined, they pay taxes on the profit the gas stations pay when they buy it, we pay it when we buy it. You stop having all those taxes from fossil fuels you're going to be looking at electric bills that'll be $1,000 a month.

But again what do I know?

Even as liberal as Houston is, the most popular automobil you see in the road is a pickup. Tons of dueleys around here. Talk about OPEC specials. I had to trade mine off because it got 7mpg now I have Jeep that gets about 12mpg. I don't want a damn electric car not even if its a Tesla.

Do these idiot progressives understand what all is made with petroleum products?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic