Latest Member
Margo-89
What's New?

Food allergy/sensitivity test

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
Anyone try one of the at home food sensitivity test you can buy from a store? I was wanting to try it but with a price tag around $180ish I wanted to know if it’s worth it

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
You could always do an elimination type diet and add stuff in slowly. It will be obvious pretty quickly. Oddly enough oats mess me up

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I have used Check My Body Health a few times that BMJ referred me to several years ago. Is it perfect, nope, but it does find stuff that you may not know about. It is relatively cheap. I think you can get the test that checks food, allergens, metals, etc.., like 900 different areas for around $50. You just send in some hair. The only con, foods that you eat often might show up as mildly-moderately sensitive just from the sheer volume you are consuming.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
You could always do an elimination type diet and add stuff in slowly. It will be obvious pretty quickly. Oddly enough oats mess me up
I actually do not find that odd at all. It is one of the first foods I pull from clients when they have digestive issues.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Corn and soy are the worst offenders.. and any products made from them. Corn itself is turned into so many other things, so if you are highly reactive to it, you'll need to become familiar (stuff like maltodextrin, citric acid, etc.). I have to wonder if they are the worst ones because they are everywhere in our food chain or because they've been manipulated/GMO'ed so much. For me, I can eat these things in spite of being hyper-reactive to them, but I have to accept I'm always going to be bloated and have high amounts of inflammation (I can feel it most when I get out of bed in the morning). The bloat/inflammation takes about 4-5 days to even start to go away. Then I fuck it up on Saturdays with a "cheat meal" and have to start over.

Last edited:
Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
I have used Check My Body Health a few times that BMJ referred me to several years ago. Is it perfect, nope, but it does find stuff that you may not know about. It is relatively cheap. I think you can get the test that checks food, allergens, metals, etc.., like 900 different areas for around $50. You just send in some hair. The only con, foods that you eat often might show up as mildly-moderately sensitive just from the sheer volume you are consuming.
I used this same place. I think Willis told us about it. The one thing I was going to add is what you already stated. The foods you might eat a lot of will show up as "sensitive" . I had it happen on coconut because I was using coconut oil and flower with a couple meals a day and in cooking. lol.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic