Bench 125
Squat 150

Sunday's workout
Deadlift 135x8 four sets
Deficit deadlift 3" 135x3 four sets
Block pull 6" 135x12 one set
Barbell rows 60x10 four sets
Assisted pull-up machine 4 to 6 reps at 40 pounds assisted for four sets
Planks 25 pound plate for 30 seconds, 45 pound plate for 30 seconds, 45 and 10 pound plates for 30 seconds
Back extensions 25 reps

Tuesday's workout
Bench press 97x5 five sets
Wide grip bench press 77x6 four sets
Close grip bench press 72x8 three sets
Cable row 40x20, 50x20 two sets
Assist pull-up machine 9 reps at 50 pounds assisted, 7 reps at 30 pounds assisted
Shrugs 40x20
Band pull-aparts 4 sets

Thursday's workout
Squats 122x5 four sets
Good mornings 57x4 four sets
Pause squat 82x4 three sets
Glute ham raise, can't remember the reps but went to failure for two sets
Calf raise seat 130x6 four sets
Back extensions 20 or 25 reps

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
I should mention that I design her programming, and I try to steer the assistance work to help her on some of the weak spots in her main lifts.

For deadlifts, it's a few inches off the floor ... so I thought extra deficit deadlifts and some glute/ham stuff sprinkled in throughout the week would help that. I'm a little concerned with grip, so I have her doing one set of AMRAP block pulls.

For bench, it's right off the chest ... so I thought wide grip bench and more upper back work would help. She also does shoulders (front raises and seated overhead press with dumbbells) on Fridays as an accessory. She's also doing Spoto bench with me as well to help learn lat contraction. But I could use some suggestions here.

For squats, it's coming out of the hole ... so the extra glutes and ham work I thought would be helpful here.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I should mention that I design her programming, and I try to steer the assistance work to help her on some of the weak spots in her main lifts.

For deadlifts, it's a few inches off the floor ... so I thought extra deficit deadlifts and some glute/ham stuff sprinkled in throughout the week would help that. I'm a little concerned with grip, so I have her doing one set of AMRAP block pulls.

For bench, it's right off the chest ... so I thought wide grip bench and more upper back work would help. She also does shoulders (front raises and seated overhead press with dumbbells) on Fridays as an accessory. She's also doing Spoto bench with me as well to help learn lat contraction. But I could use some suggestions here.

For squats, it's coming out of the hole ... so the extra glutes and ham work I thought would be helpful here.

Maybe add in reverse hypers and BB rows/shrows? I'm thinking that it'll transfer over to both her squat and getting it off the floor.

Edit: Glute bridges if they aren't in there already. I saw a glute exercise but it didn't look like bridges.

Last edited:
uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011

Sorry, I keep coming back to this thinking of extra things. Just wondering what her form looks like as far as being tight on the bench...I mentioned it in your log about the cues and resetting. Check the traps, back, quads to make sure they aren't budging a bit before and while pressing. She may be flaring the elbows out of the hole to try and "muscle" it up as opposed to trusting the form and mechanics of the lift. You would know better than us...

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
You have started a great log and have an excellent person designing your plan.

Good job on your hard work! I will be following this as you post!

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Sorry, I keep coming back to this thinking of extra things. Just wondering what her form looks like as far as being tight on the bench...I mentioned it in your log about the cues and resetting. Check the traps, back, quads to make sure they aren't budging a bit before and while pressing. She may be flaring the elbows out of the hole to try and "muscle" it up as opposed to trusting the form and mechanics of the lift. You would know better than us...

Great points uphill. Chris, POB has me doing box deadlifts, which are a great way to work the glutes/hams and as well as the lower back. They kind of suck but I am already seeing a difference from the last 2 weeks of doing them. Just a suggestion, but maybe look into throwing those in there.

Good luck with your training! I will be following your journal, can't wait to start seeing the PRs.

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
Awesome news that you've created a log! Keep us updated!

focus_breathe

focus_breathe

Aug 21, 2015
Sunday's workout
Deadlift 150x6, 160x6,160x6,165x6
Deficit deadlift 3" 150x2 four sets
Block pull 150x10 one set
Barbell rows 60x10 four sets
Assisted pull-up with green rogue band 5 reps, then 4,then 3
Weighted ABS four sets
Back extensions 25 reps

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Very fine deadlifts!!!

Great workout!!!!

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Very fine deadlifts!!!

Great workout!!!!
She really did Bullmuscle7 .. her program called for 150x6, but to her credit she knew she could do more after the first set so she audibled to more weight. Her deficits were flying up too. Very proud of her. She's really dialing up her training. It's kind of inspiring a bit.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
That's really great news Chris!!! Congrats focus_breathe!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic