Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Fast Food is Total Poison

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I used to think like some of y’all and HAVE to get my meals in no matter where I was or what was available.

Now, if I don’t have something healthy and proper to eat, I have no problem just not eating. Skipping meals doesn’t rob you of muscle like you think. It doesn’t set you back. It may even help you out in ways you didn’t think about. You save money, don’t eat crap, improve your insulin sensitivity, save your gut biome and thus your “second brain”, and your body naturally knows what to do in times of fasting, and it does NOT prefer muscle first or even second.

The only time this is really hard is if you’re invited to some dinner for an occasion and you have to sit down and stay and look normal by ordering something off the menu…in which case, YOLO!

R

Restart

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2019
I used to think like some of y’all and HAVE to get my meals in no matter where I was or what was available.

Now, if I don’t have something healthy and proper to eat, I have no problem just not eating. Skipping meals doesn’t rob you of muscle like you think. It doesn’t set you back. It may even help you out in ways you didn’t think about. You save money, don’t eat crap, improve your insulin sensitivity, save your gut biome and thus your “second brain”, and your body naturally knows what to do in times of fasting, and it does NOT prefer muscle first or even second.

The only time this is really hard is if you’re invited to some dinner for an occasion and you have to sit down and stay and look normal by ordering something off the menu…in which case, YOLO!
YOLO?

Jayne Scott

Jayne Scott

TID Lady Member
Feb 7, 2022
So after a month straight of eating clean AF I had a few tacos and half of a small burrito from Taco Bell yesterday evening ….. DUDE…. I felt tired and sick AF all morning today. I had no motivation to train and had to dose myself up with extra caffeine to get my miserable ass going.

I mean yeah, we all know it’s bad for us but it really puts it into perspective when you have done after being healthy for even just a month…….. Never again.
You're so right. I had a similar experience. It's almost as if your body is a church and you let in a group of devil worshipping bikers into the door and the congregation say 'no way' and kick them out...lol....weird analogy, I know, but that's how it feels to me.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
You Only Live Once

If I’m at a fancy banquet or wedding reception or whatever I’m forced to be at and don’t want to tear food apart just to eat the meat out of it…then I pretend I’m like normal people and I eat whatever the hell I want. Thank God I’m not constantly invited to functions like that.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I have a somewhat different thinking on this, maybe. I agree that fast food should be minimized, not saying it can't also be healthy either, and I believe the healthier you eat in the long-term, then the less you will crave these types of foods, which would benefit everybody.

That said, I could not think about going through life without an occasional, or once per week maybe, bouts of having stuff like In-N-Out, pizza, a nice restaurant, or tacos etc. There is bodybuilding and healthy eating lifestyle, but then there is the socialization, fun, and enjoyment of splurging out with stuff that tastes good. If you stick a pizza in front of me, it's going to be gone.

I remember being dumped from this hot ass chick when I was 19 because I didn't want to eat out at all. One day I was supposed to meet up with her and her parents and family for dinner, but i had to go to the gym first. I got there 30 minutes late, and everybody was like WTF dude? Looking back, I was a complete moron. Hey I got good workout in though:rolleyes: I could have pushed it to another time, and then kept this chick, lol.

Besides, splurging out every once and a while is not going to make you unhealthy if the other 90-95% of the time you eat healthy. I've had some of my best appearances a day after splurging crap food for enjoyment, as well as some of the best workouts. I would not recommend this as an every day type of thing. Also, health-wise, and within reason, it will also depend if you are constantly in a caloric surplus or debit as well.

That said, if something makes you sick, it's probably worth it to just avoid it.

Last edited:
DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
If Chic-Fil-A is poison - then put me on Putin's list...

I haven't been in months and this thread is making me want a spicy chicken deluxe combo!

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
If Chic-Fil-A is poison - then put me on Putin's list...

I haven't been in months and this thread is making me want a spicy chicken deluxe combo!
I remember Jordan Feigenbaum describing how he eats "clean" at Chic-Fil-A by not eating all the buns he gets. It seems to work for him.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I remember Jordan Feigenbaum describing how he eats "clean" at Chic-Fil-A by not eating all the buns he gets. It seems to work for him.

I was kind of kidding. I don't think anything in moderation will kill you.

I've been eating very low carbs for the most part, but I don't necessarily agree with the everything the carnivore guys say either. Unless you buy your own cow - everything we eat is processed, altered or injected with something along the way. Same with eating vegetables from a garden vs buying at the store.

I just feel better eating low carb, but I eat plenty of vegetables - so I'm not carnivore

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Hey according to a few ppl here someone got shredded for a competition on krispy cream and popeyes. Whatever works for you I guess.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic