Members
Latest Member
arcticranger

Facebook post in CUBE METHOD group

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Saw this in the "CUBE METHOD" group on FB that I lurk around on....figured it was worth a share.

Jack Kottwitz (anyone know him?)

• I've thought about this for a while, primarily because I pointed out someone wasn't doing near the work they thought they were doing and several of you got your sensitive panties wound up about it....

Powerlifting is about DOING WORK to MAKE yourself STRONGER. I capitalized those words for a reason. Please do not come in here and post a routine workout of 6 or 7 sets of bench, 3 or 4 sets of overhead presses, and some light accessory work and use the catchphrase "brutal", "hardcore", "monster" or any of that other catchphrase bullshit. That is not a workout that is any of those words. That is a daily training session at best, something we all do.

The only person who's ass you are blowing smoke up is your own. It is, in my mind, our job as Admins to point that out to you. Not one of us are trying specifically to be a dick, although some of you obviously need some dick with what you are posting. After reading through the threads here, I am firmly convinced that there are not as many of who think they could who could actually hold your own at a true powerlifting gym. You think you are something special, but really, you still have work to do.. and for some of you it is a lot of work. That is fine, some of you are more than willing to do the work, and you are learning, so you are getting stronger. That is a good thing. Some of you just need a reality check.

As far as "form check" videos. I personally encourage those, especially if you train at a commercial gym with no one who knows anything about powerlifting. Be aware there are limitations to those videos. If you post a video, and someone tells you what is wrong, don't be a douche and argue about it. You put the video up, you should have thick enough skin to accept constructive criticism. In other words DONT MAKE ****ING EXCUSES. If you are injured, say that in the first post, if you think its close, but just need a little help, say that in the first post. Don't make us go through 25 lines of bullshit to get to the point you are ****ed up. The Admins will delete those just being dicks, that is our job. We help each other get stronger.

Also, please don't just randomly post youtube videos unless they are something that can inspire (or make them laugh) the other members. A video of you doing a single with 135 is not inspirational. A paralized guy benching almost 700 lbs raw, a jr woman deadlifting 405 x multiple reps, a 165 lb guy squatting 500+, those are inspirational. Please before you post the random video, ask yourself... "I think this is cool, will others?" then wait 2 minutes and ask yourself that question again.
The reality is there is ALOT of bullshit online about weightlifting/powerlifting/bodybuilding/strongman training. I personally have a no bullshit approach. If you don't like that, then please try hard to grow a pair. If I write you did a good job, be happy, because you know you really did do a good job.

Thank you. Have a nice weekend and eat more steak.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
He lost me on the last line there... :ranger:

Interesting read though, some good stuff goes down in that group. Thanks for reposting UHC.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Seriously, I don't understand why people feel the need to post their workouts to the world.

I'm about to go for a brisk walk and then do some core exercises.

#Friday bitches

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Jack is a funny guy..... I've joked a lot recently about the guys who tag stuff like BEASTMODE as they go in for an arm workout or some other easy workout. That stuff is adorable.

But I disagree about not wanting to hear about guy's workouts. Obviously I'll scroll past the 2 page dissertation from the guy I only know on facebook and have never even met at a meet. But, I like being able to see what my friends are up to - especially all the guys I've become friends with through competitions and don't get to talk to often.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic