Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Ecdysterone

H

hockey1234

Sep 10, 2012
Hey guys,

What is your take on the effectiveness of ecdysterone, and its safety for a 17 year old? Although all the research I have seen points to its benefits and lack of any side effects, I was hoping that the knowledge I have seen in this forum may provide some better insight than studies dating back to the Soviet Union.
Thank you,

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Isn't that what's in spinach? Well look at popeye... it's gotta work.

On a serious note, at 17 years old your body chemistry is a near perfect anabolic environment. I know this is dodging your question, but you don't need anything but food.

Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012
Kiddo, Just hit the ****in' weights and eat like a king. Stop reading bodybuilding magazines and train your ass off. Bench squat and deadlift. Powerclean and push press. Do these until your arms and legs fall off.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Hey guys,

What is your take on the effectiveness of ecdysterone, and its safety for a 17 year old? Although all the research I have seen points to its benefits and lack of any side effects, I was hoping that the knowledge I have seen in this forum may provide some better insight than studies dating back to the Soviet Union.
Thank you,

You are in the perfect biological place to GROW amazingly. Follow a sensible training regime. Eat tons of good food. Sleep 8 or ten hours a day.

SQUAT. You do these in a disciplined way for a year and you'll be amazed.

Maybe you already know this, hockey1234, but if you don't, try it.

Brothers will help if you have questions.

Get your grow on!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
You don't need it at 17yrs old, and FWIW it wouldn't even make my top 10 supplements either.

At your age you need a consistent supply of quality calories, heavy weights and rest. You should be primed to gain both muscle and strength over the next few years so you should make the most of it ~ spend that money on food instead.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Kiddo, Just hit the ****in' weights and eat like a king. Stop reading bodybuilding magazines and train your ass off. Bench squat and deadlift. Powerclean and push press. Do these until your arms and legs fall off.
Damn straight. Stick to the big compound movements and make sure your nutrition is on point, you'll make great gains.

H

hockey1234

Sep 10, 2012
Thanks a lot for the great feedback guys! The reason I was wondering about ecdysterone is that I've been working out seriously since I was 13 or 14, and I have put on over 60 pounds of muscle to my former 115 pound frame, but my results have plateaued the last six months.

In an attempt to bust my size and strength plateau, I was at one point 195 pounds and around 25% body fat because I was so desperate to put on mass. I have changed my routine, greatly improved my nutrition to the point where my macros are always spot on, and worked considerably on my mental game. However, none of this worked in making mass gains, so I decided to give up my pursuit of greater size in order to attain a leaner physique.

Since anabolics are obviously out of the question at my age, ecdysterone seemed like a good option to help me put on some lean mass. From your comments, I will continue to have compound lifts as the base of my routine, but my question is this: how can I get over my plateau if it seems like I'm doing everything right?

Thank you, your input is much appreciated!

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Thanks a lot for the great feedback guys! The reason I was wondering about ecdysterone is that I've been working out seriously since I was 13 or 14, and I have put on over 60 pounds of muscle to my former 115 pound frame, but my results have plateaued the last six months.

In an attempt to bust my size and strength plateau, I was at one point 195 pounds and around 25% body fat because I was so desperate to put on mass. I have changed my routine, greatly improved my nutrition to the point where my macros are always spot on, and worked considerably on my mental game. However, none of this worked in making mass gains, so I decided to give up my pursuit of greater size in order to attain a leaner physique.

Since anabolics are obviously out of the question at my age, ecdysterone seemed like a good option to help me put on some lean mass. From your comments, I will continue to have compound lifts as the base of my routine, but my question is this: how can I get over my plateau if it seems like I'm doing everything right?

Thank you, your input is much appreciated!

Very well written. I like you. I could say change your diet, change your training routine, take a week rest..... yadda yadda. But I think you know all this. Bottom line, don't get impatient. You are doing great and learning a lot about your body. Just keep pushing along.

Two places where patients is a virtue. The gym and the bedroom. Words to live by.

H

hockey1234

Sep 10, 2012
Very well written. I like you. I could say change your diet, change your training routine, take a week rest..... yadda yadda. But I think you know all this. Bottom line, don't get impatient. You are doing great and learning a lot about your body. Just keep pushing along.

Two places where patients is a virtue. The gym and the bedroom. Words to live by.

Thank you! That is fantastic advice, just difficult to follow in times of temptation! My perfectionist side always kicks in and I often get discouraged with not seeing the results I want in the mirror.

TheExperiment

TheExperiment

May 29, 2013
Ecdysterone is useless brother.

Way better products on the market if you are wanting to take "natural supplements".

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic