Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Eating

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i have a tech who is 24yo and 5'9" and 110#. she is down about 15# from last year and her problem is that she hates to eat. she doesnt like the taste of 99% of food and so she doesnt even think about eating. it has become a bit of an issue at work because her performance is greatly affected now that she is so thin and her body has no reserves. she doesnt do it to look thin but rather because she just hates eating. me on the other hand, i love to eat! when i am eating breakfast i am thinking about what im going to be having for my mid morning snack and what is for lunch and afternoon snack and dinner :D i am pretty much always thinking of food and what i can shove in my mouth!

does anyone else think of food all the time or am i alone here?

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
I forget to eat as well, but I've always been that way. But when I 'remember,' I hit it with a vengeance. I cook a lot, and have always loved cooking, so I think of eating and cooking as a hobby, lol. I enjoy seeing what can happen manipulating my diet with carb/protein/fat macros, and timing of meals, just to see how it affects strength performance and one's physique. Apparently, I think about it a lot.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Same boat.I am always thinking about my next meal.I have a horrible relationship with food.I rarely forget to eat .

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
I'm always eating though I think it's a learned thing. It sounds as though your employee may have an eating disorder or other mental issue. I don't expect most to eat as I do but to not eat to the point that it impacts employment is a major issue.

alyse

alyse

TID Lady Member
Aug 27, 2011
I know how she feels. I can forget meals and it's not that I'm purposely doing it. I'm just either not hungry or nothing sounds good.

The only way I remember to eat is when someone else mentions it. Maybe have her set her phone alarm to go off and remind her that it's lunch time she NEEDS to eat. She needs to understand not eating effects everything from brain function, to strength and all the way down to the fibers of the muscle.

It's hard. I don't think I would classify myself with say an anorexic, but I do have an issue with just eating food. Like she said nothing sounds good, and the tasty stuff is horrible for you.

One thing I plan on doing that you can suggest to her is pick out her favorite meals and on Sundays cook up 5 days worth. Then she just has it in the fridge, heat it up at lunch and there ya go.

Last edited:
dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
yep so not my problem lol..... but does sound like an eating disorder, probably a different mainifestation of anorexia, and sounds like she is denying the connection between food and body image that maybe she made a negative connection a long time ago and doesnt realize it .

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
I know how she feels. I can forget meals and it's not that I'm purposely doing it. I'm just either not hungry or nothing sounds good.

The only way I remember to eat is when someone else mentions it. Maybe have her set her phone alarm to go off and remind her that it's lunch time she NEEDS to eat. She needs to understand not eating effects everything from brain function, to strength and all the way down to the fibers of the muscle.

It's hard. I don't think I would classify myself with say an anorexic, but I do have an issue with just eating food. Like she said nothing sounds good, and the tasty stuff is horrible for you.

One thing I plan on doing that you can suggest to her is pick out her favorite meals and on Sundays cook up 5 days worth. Then she just has it in the fridge, heat it up at lunch and there ya go.
yes, we have been over all of these points with her. i even have made a chart that is on the wall with days and hours and part of her job is to eat every hour. the problem is that it gets very old babysitting her. she is 24 yrs old and i shouldnt have to treat her like my children. just last week we went over the whole thing again and suggested that she set the alarm on her phone. and today i have already had to tell her twice to eat. it is a disorder but im not sure of the name. maybe i need her to go on some AAS to improve her appetite :D

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
yes, we have been over all of these points with her. i even have made a chart that is on the wall with days and hours and part of her job is to eat every hour. the problem is that it gets very old babysitting her. she is 24 yrs old and i shouldnt have to treat her like my children. just last week we went over the whole thing again and suggested that she set the alarm on her phone. and today i have already had to tell her twice to eat. it is a disorder but im not sure of the name. maybe i need her to go on some AAS to improve her appetite :D

what about peptides, ghrp-6 or there is some stuff called periactin that is an antihistamine that is prescribed for the antihistamine properties but also for those having a hard time keeping/gaining weight .

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
what about peptides, ghrp-6 or there is some stuff called periactin that is an antihistamine that is prescribed for the antihistamine properties but also for those having a hard time keeping/gaining weight .
LOL i would never get her to take any of anything! it is one of those things that they have to realize they have a problem and want to fix it. she knows she has a problem, she knows it affects her work but she really has yet to decide that she wants to change it! it is frustrating. just took her way too long to figure out the dog that was supposed to go home. she is mentally running on empty! i just wish i could have a little bit of that :D

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic