Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Eating Healthy/Going Out?

M

matlos

Mar 24, 2013
How do you guys handle the constant pressures from work colleagues to go out - eat unhealthy, drink etc?
i try to eat healthy on a daily basis (tuna, hard boiled eggs, chicken breasts, steak), OK, I have the odd cheat meal per week (but need to be careful due to dairy intolerance). Guys at work constantly give sh!t about not going out for lunch or of an evening, but I need my sleep and my good diet.
anyone got anymore good excuses?

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
A steak, baked potato and steamed veggies can be your allie....as can club soda.

theres a way you can get by and most restaurants are fairly accomodating....but be prepared to get grilled by your friends if you make a long list of substitutions.

People are uncomfortable with what they don't understand or things that are different. It will never change. Either get new friends that fit you life choices or adapt and accept that the people are going to do this. You probably won't change them.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Eating healthy doesn't really exist. Or at least not in one defined form. For example, what's so healthy about the mercury in tuna? Dr. Dean Ornish would tell you that your meat will give you heart disease and cancer.

So having said that, eat whatever you want just don't eat a gigantic portion. Or limit your going out with them to once per week and make that your cheat meal.

And a glass of red wine or a good craft brew with your meal won't kill you either.

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
What do you guys usually order for a drink in a restaurant since everything is soda pop and has HF Corn syrup?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
What do you guys usually order for a drink in a restaurant since everything is soda pop and has HF Corn syrup?

Water with lemon if I am wanting to be good. (which is what I drink most of the time) I will drink a diet soda from time to time.

But there are times where there is no replacing a good old coke for me.....I just know there is an extra 200-250 cal I will consume.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
lol, your lifestyle is your excuse...if they don't get it...tough shit! :)

anyone who really knows me and they can tell by the way I look etc...doesn't even question me....no...means no ;)

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
anyone who really knows me and they can tell by the way I look etc...doesn't even question me....no...means no ;)

The second part if funny but true. I think guys (or gals) first starting on a transformation have a much harder time. I used to get my balls busted about the way I would eat. Packing food everywhere I went and carrying my cooler inside a place while everyone else would eat some junk.

But now that I look the part much more, no one thinks it is weird. They kind of expect it. I have learned to moderate much more these days and balance out indulgences with pulling back on other areas. It is when going out becomes a daily event that it gets hard. But the occasional trip out, I now enjoy and just dial back in other areas and it does not make an impact.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
But now that I look the part much more, no one thinks it is weird. They kind of expect it. I have learned to moderate much more these days and balance out indulgences with pulling back on other areas. It is when going out becomes a daily event that it gets hard. But the occasional trip out, I now enjoy and just dial back in other areas and it does not make an impact.

exactly...for me, it's easy as I have a really small social circle (by choice...plus, none of my family lives here) and after being asked in the past many times to go out and my declining..they just stop asking which works great for me! :) If I choose to eat out...and I do, like you, I don't sweat it because it doesn't affect me negatively.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
and by the way, I don't see it as an age thing...meaning..."if you are younger, you want to go out more etc..."

this is a "lifestyle"...if you want certain things, you will not do certain things..plain and simple ;)

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012

Beer, unless it's a business meeting; then it's club soda.

U

uncxrt

MuscleHead
Sep 7, 2015
How do you guys handle the constant pressures from work colleagues to go out - eat unhealthy, drink etc?
i try to eat healthy on a daily basis (tuna, hard boiled eggs, chicken breasts, steak), OK, I have the odd cheat meal per week (but need to be careful due to dairy intolerance). Guys at work constantly give sh!t about not going out for lunch or of an evening, but I need my sleep and my good diet.
anyone got anymore good excuses?

If they keep giving you shit, just turn it around. Start giving them shit about what they eat and why they look fat and out of shape.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic