Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Eating good on days you don't train: important?

Ace Corona

Ace Corona

Apr 6, 2015
I lifted yesterday and today I'm taking a day off from lifting. I'm eating pretty clean today, consuming some of the foods I'd normally eat if it was a training day. I had a can of pink salmon, among other things.

Is it just important to eat the right things on the days you don't train? I figure it is, because the muscles are recovering, and they need protein to grow.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
It depends on your goals.

If you are a bodybuilder and are prepping for a show then for 12-16 weeks you will eat clean with very little if any deviation.

Off season is more flexible but still a discipline.

Powerlifting is different and I will let one of them comment.

But what is true of us all is that you must eat consistently enough proteins, carbs and fats to enable your body to
recover from the last workout and grow.

Glad you are here with us!

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
WTF is eating clean? I will never understand this.

Are you a bodybuilder?

If so there are two states of the world; building muscle and leaning out.

If you're building muscle you want to be at a caloric surplus, and you should do that every day whether you train or not.

If you're leaning out then you want to be at a caloric deficit, and you should do that every day whether you train or not.

Otherwise let us know what your goals are. I find this post a bit strange.

Ace Corona

Ace Corona

Apr 6, 2015
WTF is eating clean? I will never understand this.

Are you a bodybuilder?

If so there are two states of the world; building muscle and leaning out.

If you're building muscle you want to be at a caloric surplus, and you should do that every day whether you train or not.

If you're leaning out then you want to be at a caloric deficit, and you should do that every day whether you train or not.

Otherwise let us know what your goals are. I find this post a bit strange.

Right now I'm trying to get leaner, but I lift to maintain muscle mass.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
u should eat consistently cause u grow during recovery

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
You don't need as many carbs on a non training day. If your goal is the leanest possible physique, I would reduce the carbs on off days.

CelluliteBurned

CelluliteBurned

Jun 24, 2015
I totally agree with you this is the most important thing to do not only to eat right but also to eat healthy as well.

M

Musupothers1996

Jul 22, 2015
it seems to depend on your goals. I, for example, do a lot of sports, but eat what i want in my regeneration time. Nothing happend at all. My body feel good, I am in a good shape and my body look great

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic