Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Easy fast breakfast and lunch

-Sternacus-

-Sternacus-

May 21, 2014
Hey everyone I work a lot of hours and don't have much time to eat breakfast and lunch I'm looking for something that will be fast and easy for me to make. I need to lose some pounds.

L

lennoxchi

Nov 20, 2012
two words for you, crock pot.

chicken, turkey breast, i have never cooked fish in a crock pot but it might be possible. meat, veggis and spice, cook for 6 hrs or so depending on what your cooking and ur done.

Hey everyone I work a lot of hours and don't have much time to eat breakfast and lunch I'm looking for something that will be fast and easy for me to make. I need to lose some pounds.

-Sternacus-

-Sternacus-

May 21, 2014
Thanks for the advice, that's a good idea.

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
i can brown a pound of ground beef on the stove top in about 5 minutes....no more excuses not to eat:bbq:

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Hard boiled eggs will keep in the fridge for a week. A turkey sandwich... its really not that hard.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
peanut butter, keep some potatoes/sweet potatoes baked and ready to eat in the fridge, milk, protein shakes, you can pre-cook eggs theyll keep for a few days, lunch meat, tuna.

really with a little bit of prep you can take 5 minutes and make sure you have eaten breakfast and a portable lunch put together. I work in a house so I bring staples and keep them stocked here, cheese, tuna, lunch meat, veggies, usually some kind of whole grain carb for when I'm really running around, pb, etc. then even if I forget I always have something. I am pretty good at bringing stuff on my monday's having packed my sunday night… once you set a routine just stick to it and let it work for ya

-Sternacus-

-Sternacus-

May 21, 2014
Thank you guys. I know it might have sounded like a stupid question but just wanted to see what some ideas were

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Mar 19, 2012
I'm the same way. I wake up early before everyone else to be at work for 6 a.m.
As soon as I get up, I place 3 eggs in a pot of water to boil as I am preparing to leave. Once done, I take my eggs and hot tea to eat on the way or at work.

O

oldnslow

Jun 6, 2013
Second the crock pot. Then put in individual containers to take with you. Once you get in the groove, it is not a big deal. I spend time Sunday afternoon getting things ready for the week. It doesn't really bother me to eat the same things day after day.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I dont leave a lot of time for breakfast (I want to sleep as much as I can).

For the past few years I eat the same breakfast daily. It is super simple and I can eat it in about 2-3 minutes. It is flexible to meet any macro requirement I need.

Ingredients
Oats (pre ground and stored)
Milk
Whey protein (I have switched to buying just pure unflavored isolate...but you can use what ever)
Peanut better.

I buy 5lb restaurant supply tubs of PB. On a normal intake (not cal restricted), I scoop out a big spoon which equals about 2 tbs.

I combine the oats milk and whey in a shaker and shake. I eat my PB and drink my shake.

If I have extra time, and have room for the carbs, I will sometimes trade the pre ground oats for a bowl of cereal....or even an english muffin...etc. Nice thing about diets is they are flexible.

On weekends when I have more time, I will generally cook a more traditional breakfast. But having a go-to that I know is always there along with being fast and easy makes getting out the door a stress free event.

For lunches, I cook ahead of time. Shortgrain brown rice cooked in some beef stock is a staple for me for carbs. I will marinate chicken breast in soy and ground chilies and stir fry. I then put in individual servings. London broils cook up nicely a head of time. I cook to internal 120deg which leaves nice rare. It will stay for a good while and you just slice what you need and wrap back up.

Lots of options.....hell, I will even eat fast food if I have to at times, I just make up for the cals and macros later.

M

Mrloseit

Sep 11, 2014
fastest thing i make is

1 cup oatmeal (uncooked)
1/2 almond milk (unsweetned)
1 tsp of honey
Some black berries or strawberries

Easy meal toss them all in a bowl stir it up together. I normally leave it in the fridge over night grab it on the way out.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic