Latest Member
Kuma
What's New?

Early Morning Lifting

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Bro I'm 50 been waking at 2-3am for 30 years . I eat upon awakening anything I want . In fact if fit some reason I'm extra hungry I'll eat a steak or burger right before I work out. Don't worry about insignificant thing like that it really means nothing . If however you are one to feel heavy then just eat some light fruit or bowl of cereal . Oatmeal mixed with whey powder light and easily digested with all nutrients . They make a ton of RTD drinks with different profiles and with short chain nutrients that are made to use while working out ! Cytomax, Gatorade etc if anything is certain in this planet it's workout drinks to fit all needs . No reason to ever have this issue . Find an rtd to fit your needs

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
That's something else that some won't like but you can eat a very large dinner (before bed) and that will have a huge positive impact on your lifting the next morning.

Amen I'm with ya

P

pumpingiron22

Mar 2, 2014
I chug down a shake with oatmeal mixed in. Then scrambled eggs when I get done.

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
I get to the gym at 530am and do fasted cardio. Then I eat about 50g cream of rice, 1 serving of prunes and 50g whey shake. I like to get in some fast digesting carbs before training. Sometimes I'll do rice cakes if I'm in a rush and don't have time to make the cream of rice before leaving for the gym.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
I know I'm not the only one who lifts in the morning but my question is this.

What do you currently eat or consume before you train?

Here's why I ask, 4am wake, by 5 i'm on the gym floor which really only leaves me enough time to consume a pre w/o which i'm very badly in need of at 4:30am. so i have a hard time getting a meal in or even a shake due to it not digesting by the time i lift, i hate lifting with a full belly.
---------------------------------------

Dadgum OP I've no idea how you do that since I typically hit the sac by 4:00 AM.

Regardless let me answer your question this way. Because the presence of food (I'm referring to a meal) in the stomach almost immediately shunts blood into the GI tract, eating a full meal should absolutely be avoided.

I would also stay away from all simple carbs because of the associated "insulin crash".

Bottom line keep your pre-WO meals light with more protein than complex carbs and more carbs than fat.

There's two very good reasons for this modification mate. Because all endogenous Anabolics reach their peak between 6-8 AM yet for you it's probably around 2:Am, what is absorbed is more likely to reach muscle.

Regs
Jim

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
That's something else that some won't like but you can eat a very large dinner (before bed) and that will have a huge positive impact on your lifting the next morning.

This is something that we do the night before a comp. pre comp jitters often leaves no appetite.

R

Rai080

MuscleHead
Sep 11, 2013
I can't work out in the morning I'm always weak. I think mentally I don't want to push as hard becauseI'm thinking of all the shit I have to do for the day . When I did I would drink some juice and simple carbs with some whey.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
I thought I was the only one who ate late, I have a protein shake in the morning with some dry oats in it then off to the gym..

Hmmmm I guess I either have a fan or a internet stalker pffft...

M

m_t pockets

Jun 17, 2014
I train at 4am and suck down a muscle milk w my bcaas. Than eat a nice breakfast afterwards.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
I know I'm not the only one who lifts in the morning but my question is this.

What do you currently eat or consume before you train?

Here's why I ask, 4am wake, by 5 i'm on the gym floor which really only leaves me enough time to consume a pre w/o which i'm very badly in need of at 4:30am. so i have a hard time getting a meal in or even a shake due to it not digesting by the time i lift, i hate lifting with a full belly.

========
You may find a large glass 16OZ of 2% milk with 3 scoops of casein works perfect especially if it's drank somewhere between 2-4 hours before your WO.

Regs
Jim

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic