Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Early Divorce Proceedings

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
if i could have done my divorce differently, i would have gathered as much info on her as possible, would have videoed her cheating, taped our conversations and called the cops when i was attacked by her..all the sneaky things i found out she was up to before our divorce, be ruthless!!! when it comes down to the wire nice guys finish last..trust me.

R

ROCKETW19

May 21, 2013
I'm really sorry to hear this GA. I hope you're doing ok bro.

I went thru this a few years ago. Not for the same reason as you. But from the outset, my ex-wife and I put our daughter first.

We used a mediator to assemble our agreement and draft the joint petition for divorce.

State law requires that I pay child support since I allowed her primary physical custody (we maintain joint legal custody). Because she makes a meager income, my child support is approximately 1200 per month. That is quite painful, but it keeps my baby in a safe environment.

My point is this: do whatever you can to spare your children the pain of having parents that hate each other. Hide it, swallow it. I don't care. Just do not make your pain, theirs.

As for you, your anger will at some point calm but you'll still feel your broken heart. Recognize it, accept it and heal it in a healthy positive way and you'll come out a better man for it.

I took the lessons of my failed marriage with me to this new engagement with Hips. I think we'll be better for it.

Best wishes brother.

ya I am with this guy! keep the kids first who cares about getting back at her. If it means that much to you punch that bitch in the mouth. If it is not worth going to jail for then it is not worth your time
I would hide all the stuff and cash I could but seprate accounts will still be found you have to disconect your self from the cash or stuff. no paper trail

then get the suff taking care of but no matter what when you write that check every month its for your kids and your kids are the most important

R

ROCKETW19

May 21, 2013
Going to try and continue and move past this with the assistance of separate counseling, followed by marriage counseling... Stay the course and give her a second chance.

Toughest decision of my life.

Finances are under my full control from here on out, hoping for the best every morning.

The cheating wasn't of the physical sort... It was an emotional, hypothetical correspondence with someone that she frequented the gym with. Lewd, graphic and distasteful conversations for weeks, but supposedly never acted upon.

I'm having problems forgiving, having problems abstaining from drinking, having problems stating positive... But for the most part I'm hanging in there. My support system here and in real life has been spectacular and I couldn't do it without y'all/them.

never mind last post I see you are back with her. wouldnt be my first choice but I am not you. good luck and best thing is you are with your kids still

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Going to try and continue and move past this with the assistance of separate counseling, followed by marriage counseling... Stay the course and give her a second chance.

Toughest decision of my life.

GO, I've been following your posts, and I'm sorry to hear about this tough situation, but I'm proud that you're willing to hang in there. That's takes self confidence, and a willingness to at least try to work it out. Weak people can't do this. Good for you!

I think you're smart to be having counseling, and if after you've both truly worked at it, it's not happening, you can always pull the trigger then. You've got kids, and the best thing for them is for you to be together with a stronger, more healthy relationship. I'll be praying for you bro.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Hope it works out for you.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Appreciate all the support, advice and straightforwardness from y'all.

Always uplifting words from those that give a shit. It is hard to describe how grateful I am.

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
I wish you the best GoAway. And completely understand your feelings. I support you and your decision. I hope one day your mind allows you to fully forgive and forget. Marriage is harder than any job I've ever worked! Good luck.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Good luck on repairing everything. I tried to stick it out with an ex who cheated and although we made it another 3 years after that it was fuc king miserable and I never got over it.
You're a better man than I for giving it a shot for the sake of your kids. That says a lot about your character, man.

The one smart thing I did when I got back with my ex was to stash a lot of cash, and keep things like supplement use hidden from her so that if shit ever did hit the fan again ( it did, but not cheating ) she wouldn't have anything to use against me and I had that cash set aside to comfortably get my own place so I could just walk away.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic