What's New?

Donations for Grizzly/His Grizzness

K

-KB-

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2010
RIP Grizz

From Phreezer at OLM:

As many of you know our long time friend and staff member of many years took his own life last week. He moderated on this board for several years and moderated on quite a few others.

He was one of a kind. I won't even begin to try and sum up who he was in a few paragraphs. That would be impossible. Here he went by the moniker of His Grizzness and as "Grizzly" on quite a few other boards. His real name was Jeff Gerlick. He was 33 years old. He was a former amateur body builder and a professional MMA fighter. He had a degree in Philosophy and liked to use that debate most of us from time to time... the rest about him can be figured out in his 15K+ posts on this board and thousands of others elsewhere. He was active on the boards and part of this community for nearly 12 years.

Jeff didn't have any life insurance when he passed and his only income at the time was bouncing in bars and clubs. He didn't leave behind the resources his family needs to be able to pay for his funeral. And while his family wasn't poor they certainly weren't rich. The average funeral costs around $10K and because of this we'd like to do whatever we can as a community to help offset that cost.

As such, we've set up a paypal account to take donations from anyone who would like to make one. We will take 100% of the funds deposited into that account and give the money to Grizz's parents who are financially responsible with laying him to rest.

This isn't a demand or anything. It's completely voluntary. If Grizz touched your life in some way and you want to do something to say thank you for that this would be a good way to do it.

Donations can be made through paypal to [email protected] for whatever amount you wish. Even if it's just $15 or $20 it would be appreciated and it would help.

Feel free to post any good well wishes to his family or any good grizz memories in this thread.

He was a good friend to many of us for a lot of years and will be deeply missed by all who knew him.

Peace and R.I.P. my brother...

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Made a new thread for this so it gets the attention it deserves.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Any other way to donate besides pay pal?
I'd like to help out with a little something but pay pals not an option for me right now....
Maybe a trusted brother here can take gd or CID and then pay pal the total???

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Any other way to donate besides pay pal?
I'd like to help out with a little something but pay pals not an option for me right now....
Maybe a trusted brother here can take gd or CID and then pay pal the total???

I'll help you out...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic