Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Do you rerack your weights?

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Oh they got the hint after having to clean those 45's off.

B

BDI

Dec 2, 2011
Yea I train at a 24 hour fitness and its pretty much just sloppy with weights all the time. Shit the damn guys in the red shirts I hardly ever see putting weights away, I mean wtf do I spend $35 a month for anyway lmfao. So many valid points given why they should be in the right place and racked properly. I went in just yesterday wanted to start off on the Hammer Strength Incline press and of course theres a 45lb plate and a 10lb plate on each side. So I stand there for like 2 to 3 minutes to see if anyone is using it. I mean why should I have to be curteous and stand around and wait? Im not an asshole by any means and nor am I the type of person to start shit but damn sometimes I just want to let a motherfucker know how I feel when I see them just walk away from there shit loaded up only to not return to it.

Growinboy

Growinboy

MuscleHead
Sep 25, 2010
Call me a shit head if you want, but I dont put SHIT away except dumbells... They always have a couple high school or college kids being paid to put shit away and clean up chalk and half the time those fucks are on their cells or have headphones on in a corner... The only exception being if someone is waiting for me, then Ill take whatever they want off the bar... Fuck my gym anyways, they just took a bunch of the old hammer strength shit out to put a motherfucking crossfit gay ass jungle gym thing in in one section...

B

BDI

Dec 2, 2011
Fuck my gym anyways, they just took a bunch of the old hammer strength shit out to put a motherfucking crossfit gay ass jungle gym thing in in one section...

Lmfao damn that sucks bro, thought my gym was bad. Yea when they replace the Hammer Strength with crossfit shit, thats the day I drop my membership!

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Need to work on your grip strength bro :p

I was at the gym today doing leg presses and was looking for the last hundred plate... looked to my left and it was face down on the floor. I thought about my smartass comment above as I walked toward it. Grabbed it with my fingers, pried it up and BAM! Ab cramp brought me to my knees lol... Dang winny! I was thinking that it served me right :D.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I was at the gym today doing leg presses and was looking for the last hundred plate... looked to my left and it was face down on the floor. I thought about my smartass comment above as I walked toward it. Grabbed it with my fingers, pried it up and BAM! Ab cramp brought me to my knees lol... Dang winny! I was thinking that it served me right :D.

ha! ha! ha! those cramps are a real sob!

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
I always rerack my weights no matter what.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
I may leave a plate on the leg press, other than that, I put away my weights. Sometimes, I will even rearange the plates in order between sets of squats on the squat rack, even linning up the edges of the hexagonal shaped plates. I feel like I have ADD when doing this, lol...

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
I always put weights away; and if someone is getting sets in between I pull the weights off for them. At my 24; which is never busy when I'm there, I end up putting away weights and mats away between sets because the people working there did it for me daily when I started; I mean literally 2 min away from a sit-up mat or a dumbell on the ground. Great gym.

R

rocco

Oct 26, 2011
As far as im concerned you use it you put it back be it plates,dbs,cable attachments etc.Its called manners and i grew up with them.Ive worked at gyms for years,and i still tell people at other gyms to rack your weights when your done.Its this mannerless lazyass generation that is ruining the world.Clean up after yourself and have some respect for other people.Sorry but i get pissed at this subject,i mean your strong enough to use them then your strong enough to put them back.

Rancor418

Rancor418

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2011
I always rerack my weights. I often go to my gym and clean it up before I start working out becuase the dam kids leave them all over the floor. I'm known as an "asshole" because I have chased kid and their parents down outside the gym and made them go back and clean up behind themselves...I've jumped on a few adults also because they are just as bad as the dam kids.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Put your shit away and take the weights off any cybex or whatever so the chicks and old ladies don't have to move them for your lazy ass;)

I have been a prick to many thoughtless peeps over this one.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic