Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Diuretics and dehydration question

Jayne Scott

Jayne Scott

TID Lady Member
Feb 7, 2022
Now I know even IFBB pros use diuretics for a dry, hard on-stage physique. But how seriously should the issue of dehydration be taken?

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Should be taken very seriously and you need to know what you're doing - whether it's a serious water cut for a strength sport/fight weigh-in, or a bodybuilder drying out for the stage.

If you don't know what you're doing, you can end up very dead.

Jayne Scott

Jayne Scott

TID Lady Member
Feb 7, 2022
Should be taken very seriously and you need to know what you're doing - whether it's a serious water cut for a strength sport/fight weigh-in, or a bodybuilder drying out for the stage.

S

SD1959

VIP Member
Mar 2, 2012
Did some day of the show. Good thing there was pre-judging in the am and I had the afternoon to have a bit of water and carbs. Cramping in every part of my body. Not good!

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
Now I know even IFBB pros use diuretics for a dry, hard on-stage physique. But how seriously should the issue of dehydration be taken?
It's a topic that needs more attention actually. It's no joke....can kill the shit outta you.
Notice once these pros are done on stage it's IV fluid time! I take that as urgency IMO

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
Web MD article on diuretics, dehydration and other side effects.
Granted WebMD is gonna give you the absolute worst case scenario. They do publish facts without a doubt IMPO..

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013

This 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jayne Scott

Jayne Scott

TID Lady Member
Feb 7, 2022
It's a topic that needs more attention actually. It's no joke....can kill the shit outta you.
Notice once these pros are done on stage it's IV fluid time! I take that as urgency IMO
It's really a serious topic as you alluded to, especially since it's life threatening.

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
They can be extremely dangerous and so many competitors and coaches use them. There are different types of diuretics and anyone who isn't familiar with the mechanism of action of each can land some serious complications with a slight miscalculation. It could be playing with fire if someone doesn't know what they're doing.

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
Yeah you have some that are potassium sparing and you have others like lasix that can dump loads of potassium out of the body, hence making you very susceptible to cardiac arrhythmias. Dangerous game that requires frequent labs.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic