jacobss
What's New?

Differences on var

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
I was talking to a fellow gym member this evening. Another female, 53 yrs old a figure competitor in NPC. She has been at my gym for a couple years now. She just competed at masters nationals last weekend, she tells me that she takes 50mg of var/per day.
I actually was surprised that she was taking that much var, because her size is not that big. For someone taking that much, i would have expected some size. I only take 25mg/per day.

I know different people react differently to different doses. But holy cow. I've also watched some of her workouts, intensity to me doesn't seem to be there, but what do i know.

Of course im judging only based on what i know. Just weird was all.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I was talking to a fellow gym member this evening. Another female, 53 yrs old a figure competitor in NPC. She has been at my gym for a couple years now. She just competed at masters nationals last weekend, she tells me that she takes 50mg of var/per day.
I actually was surprised that she was taking that much var, because her size is not that big. For someone taking that much, i would have expected some size. I only take 25mg/per day.

I know different people react differently to different doses. But holy cow. I've also watched some of her workouts, intensity to me doesn't seem to be there, but what do i know.

Of course im judging only based on what i know. Just weird was all.

Wow that’s a lot of fucking Var for a female, especially NPC and not IFBB. I’m only running 40mg and it’s an amazing dose for me. And then to continue on about her size and intensity of the workouts, that’s just off. Sounds like someone pushing the max and relying on the drug rather than putting in the work and the diet. I don’t care what mg of drug you take, any compound, it will never be better than hard work and discipline on a lower dose, or no dose at all. Did she mention any kind of sides at all? She’s just shooting for the moon, and hoping more helps. It’s gonna be the opposite in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
I call BS on this. Either she's exaggerating about the dosage, or it's underdosed or bunk. Like @tommyguns2 stated, var is often underdosed. It's also commonly substituted for a cheaper compound like winny.

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
You can look at it this way... a 130lb skinny teen takes his 1st cycle at whopping 2000mg total/week, he'll only get so big. Next cycle he'll need more, and more, all while being smaller than someone who's trained naturally for 7+ years with solid foundation and goes on 500mg/week and gets bigger/ stronger than that teen at 2000mg/week... see where I'm going g with it? She was probably given wrong advice by someone who's a heavy user from get go himself. That is unless she's been using for long time..

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I myself take 40-50mg of var pd and am pretty ripped and muscular year round, it must be fake/phony var or real garbage or she would be and is jacked out of her mind and you are just that much bigger and more ripped than her and don't know it...lol

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
Wow, that is high dose of var, especially for a female. If she's telling the truth and her var is accurately dosed, it just goes to show the importance of diet and training. If her workout sucks, I'm sure her diet isn't far behind. You can't "out-supplement" a bad regimen.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Maybe I'm the odd person out but I don't really get a whole lot from var. At 50mg per day I can kinda sorta feel it. Maybe a little harder and slightly better pumps (like taking creatine) and certainly not worth the high cost. That said, 50mg is a lot for a female. My wife has had great results with 20mg per day. Of course as someone else already pointed out her gear could be underdosed or completely fake and she "thinks" she is taking 50mg of var.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I call BS on this. Either she's exaggerating about the dosage, or it's underdosed or bunk. Like @tommyguns2 stated, var is often underdosed. It's also commonly substituted for a cheaper compound like winny.
Funny thing about that. I get decent results from a high dose of winny and not much from var. From my personal experience over the years I have to take 80-100mg of var to get what 50mg of winny does for me. Even then its not much because both are mild as shit. Don't even get me started on underdosed gear...lol

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
The client I trained for wellness that should have done physique was taking 15 mg TC and 15 mg primo 2x/wk (if I remember what she told me correctly), and 15 mg/d of VAR and had an NPC level physique, physique (pics somewhere else on this forum). 50 mg of VAR and modest results, something is not right. You really have to find a source that has been HPLC tested (product and conc) or raw product that is at least colorimetric tested and mix up your own suspension or you have no idea what the conc is or what you're taking. She had a raw product source and also a small amount of script VAR. Could not tell the difference between the two (hardness, vascularity, appetite, pump, etc.) and both yielded superior results at 15 mg/d. It was legit. I come from the camp of less for longer. Anything more than 0.2 mg/kg/d of VAR is beyond what has been used for up to 2 yrs straight clinically without issue, I wouldn't push that. I've found 14 - 20 week cycles of low dose VAR to be far more productive than shorter higher dose cycles, if you need more total androgen then use inj compounds, not more orals.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic