Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Diet and workout plan please help!

S

soinkid

Mar 14, 2011
Bananas are high in carbs, but if u do as plannd it should b fine post workout. Id avoid mixing with milk toi much fat. And take in orotein throughout the day, it doesnt only build muscle but also aids in fat loss.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Bananas are high in carbs, but if u do as plannd it should b fine post workout. Id avoid mixing with milk toi much fat. And take in orotein throughout the day, it doesnt only build muscle but also aids in fat loss.

Ditto.... Right on!! good luck EastLime - anything else you need, come right back!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
as a fellow woman who has struggled to lose weight my whole life, im going to tell you that there is no one right answer. the most improtant thing is finding something that works for you and that you can follow with your lifestyle. i dont follow any set plan because im too lazy and it is hard for me fit a lot of that stuff in because i work 50hrs a week and am a single mom of a 5 and 6 yo.

that being said, here is what i have found that does work for me. one, you got to get rid of the snack packs and crackers and stuff. they are convient but they arent good for you. the macros are all wrong and they will leave you feeling very hungry. the other thing is you should always incude protein with your complex carbs. it slows digestion and will make you feel full longer. have a few egg whites with your morning oatmeal. cut out the simple carbs, chocolate, candy, sweets, all the yummy stuff. it is very hard and it is easy to trick yourself into thinking that this one little bit wont hurt but until you get to where you want to be, it will 'hurt' you.

also, i stopped protein bars and shakes because it made me eat way too many calories. i am 5'8" and 170# at 15% bf now. my caloric intact for weight loss is 1800 calories. which isnt very damn much :D so you really need to figure out what your metabolic requirements are and then cut it by 500 calories so that you know exactly how many calories you should be taking in. most shakes and protein bars are 200-300 calories. if your daily requirement is only 1500 calories, it doesnt take much to see how easy it would be to over consume.

as far as the cardio vs weights. i hate cardio and i do dont much of it. 10 min before every workout as a warm up. i have been able to shed bodyfat by only doing that much and watching my diet. so you dont need to be doing tons of cardio if you are tracking your calories and your macros.

the biggest thing is to find what you will do because if you try to do too much or do stuff you hate, you will stop and it will all be for not! it has taken me over a year and a half to go from 30% bf to 15% bf. i have good days and bad days but i have stuck with it because i havent set some unattainable goals and made myself do a bunch of stuff i hated. sure it is taken me a long time but i am still going versus my friend who does all the lose it fast and then she is right back to where she was before as soon as she stops.

fitness is so much fun, we just have to make it that way :D

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
as a fellow woman who has struggled to lose weight my whole life, im going to tell you that there is no one right answer. the most improtant thing is finding something that works for you and that you can follow with your lifestyle. i dont follow any set plan because im too lazy and it is hard for me fit a lot of that stuff in because i work 50hrs a week and am a single mom of a 5 and 6 yo.

that being said, here is what i have found that does work for me. one, you got to get rid of the snack packs and crackers and stuff. they are convient but they arent good for you. the macros are all wrong and they will leave you feeling very hungry. the other thing is you should always incude protein with your complex carbs. it slows digestion and will make you feel full longer. have a few egg whites with your morning oatmeal. cut out the simple carbs, chocolate, candy, sweets, all the yummy stuff. it is very hard and it is easy to trick yourself into thinking that this one little bit wont hurt but until you get to where you want to be, it will 'hurt' you.

also, i stopped protein bars and shakes because it made me eat way too many calories. i am 5'8" and 170# at 15% bf now. my caloric intact for weight loss is 1800 calories. which isnt very damn much :D so you really need to figure out what your metabolic requirements are and then cut it by 500 calories so that you know exactly how many calories you should be taking in. most shakes and protein bars are 200-300 calories. if your daily requirement is only 1500 calories, it doesnt take much to see how easy it would be to over consume.

as far as the cardio vs weights. i hate cardio and i do dont much of it. 10 min before every workout as a warm up. i have been able to shed bodyfat by only doing that much and watching my diet. so you dont need to be doing tons of cardio if you are tracking your calories and your macros.

the biggest thing is to find what you will do because if you try to do too much or do stuff you hate, you will stop and it will all be for not! it has taken me over a year and a half to go from 30% bf to 15% bf. i have good days and bad days but i have stuck with it because i havent set some unattainable goals and made myself do a bunch of stuff i hated. sure it is taken me a long time but i am still going versus my friend who does all the lose it fast and then she is right back to where she was before as soon as she stops.

This is excellent advice. I also hate doing cardio, but I strongly recommend doing it. It is not necessary to do intense cardio for fat loss. I recommend that you stick to low intensity low impact cardio to spare muscle loss while dieting. Stick to eating low glycemic foods to avoid insulin spikes. Limit the use of oils and fats in your diet. It is not possible to eliminate them because you need to use them when cooking to keep foods from sticking. Medium chain triglycerides are also important for hormonal health and function. I recommend using extra virgin olive oil when cooking. You can get this in spray cans for convenience.

Unfortunately, losing body fat takes time and is not as simple a process as just eating less. It's about eating the right macros and keeping your metabolic rate and needs higher than your caloric intake. However, be aware that when you lower your caloric intake, your body will lower its metabolic rate as a survival reflex. Its an unavoidable catch-22. You need to learn your body and how it reacts to food then manipulate both by caloric cycling to lose fat while sparing muscle.

Last edited:
L

lacie

Jul 14, 2011

AllTheWay - great info, but on top of diet and exercise...what supplements are you taking or recommend? I am 5'9 and 6 months ago i was at 17% bf. I have been slacking in the diet area recently and sure I am not 17% bf right now...but not off by too much. Just curious what supplements you take.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
AllTheWay - great info, but on top of diet and exercise...what supplements are you taking or recommend? I am 5'9 and 6 months ago i was at 17% bf. I have been slacking in the diet area recently and sure I am not 17% bf right now...but not off by too much. Just curious what supplements you take.

supps as far as what? fat loss? right this instant im not taking anything except a preworkout and an intraworkout. starting tomorrow i am going to be taking manpowers CEC stack which is T3/ephedra/caffiene. i have taken clen and tried T3 by itself briefly. im very resistant to most thermogenics and none of them have done anything for me but dehydrate me for a few weeks. :)

there are no majic pill/supp out there unfortunately. i have tried them all :eek: diet and hard work are best, the supps can top it off and help maybe get over a plateau. but they always sap a lot of strength!

ShortzMcD

ShortzMcD

TID Lady Member
Nov 15, 2011
Such good advice AllTheWay!
Can you keep us updated with the stack you're starting? Curious to see if something similar works for my plateau
(although I don't think I can get ephedra in Aus)

Eastlime - it is hard to get into routine but once you start it becomes so much easier...
I struggle with time too (work 2 jobs + study) but try fitting my workouts in whenever I can!
If for some reason I miss a day at the gym, I just make it up the next day and make sure my diet is super good...
You'll get there ;)

T

Tix 66

Oct 31, 2011
Thanks for that @All the way, its inspirational. I have just got back in the gym after a few years away nursing my husband through Cancer (he is in remission right now) :) I am a mum to (older children), and I have body fat to lose.... am finding the (muscle aches) hard to deal with right now I don't remember aching this much when I was younger...... Diet I'm on Black coffee before training at 6.30 am then.... meal 1, scoop of whey with water and an apple...... meal 2, egg whites, 1/4 cup oatmeal, 1/2 scoop vanilla whey and cinnamon made into pancakes....... meal 3, raw green veg juice..... meal 4, Wild Salmon with spinach and asparagus....... meal 5, Organic chicken with brown rice and greens........ meal 6 bedtime either l/f cottage cheese or Casein shake. I snack on red pepper, cabbage slices and almonds. This is all in 1800 calories a day...... I drink 2 litres water a day and take 2000mg Vit C, Glutamine, BCAA......... I hate cardio...... but I do 30 mins 3 x per week. Its going to take a while .........Thanks for the inspiration :)

G

gigi

Feb 28, 2013
Thanks Alltheway. This post really helped me. I'm your height and struggle too!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic