angelarbatt
What's New?

DHS Checkpoints

R

regular

MuscleHead
May 31, 2012
Image-Map.gif

The US government considers the area in orange to be subject to DHS checkpoints at any time due to their interpretation of US vs Martinez-Fuerte.

Some more information on the map above:
https://www.aclu.org/technology-and-liberty/fact-sheet-us-constitution-free-zone
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2008/10/aclu-assails-10/

American citizens who dislike the checkpoints have been making videos of themselves refusing to to comply with DHS agents at checkpoints which are significantly far away from the boarder.

Do you feel that DHS checkpoints in the US are legal? Do you like the checkpoints?

Last edited by a moderator:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I have watched every one of those vids on youtube. This idea that 50 miles into the us you can be stopped by the fed and questioned baffles me. No probable cause... but that doesn't matter anymore. Thank you Patriot Act. Thank you George W. Thank you Obama

Cosmokramer

Cosmokramer

MuscleHead
May 6, 2013
I have watched every one of those vids on youtube. This idea that 50 miles into the us you can be stopped by the fed and questioned baffles me. No probable cause... but that doesn't matter anymore. Thank you Patriot Act. Thank you George W. Thank you Obama

Me too how the **** is it legal? The used 9/11 as a power grab and to take away our Constitutional Rights.It is scary I wish more people would wake up.Tyranny is right around the corner.

R

regular

MuscleHead
May 31, 2012

100 air miles from the boarder. They got the authority to do this in 1976 but have been exploiting it post 9/11.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_search_exception
www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/428/543

DHS say it's an immigration checkpoint but they have drug dogs everywhere and seem focused on narcotics. Someone needs to let me know where I can get a dog which can tell if someone is a US citizen or not. I wasn't aware a dog had that capability.

Last edited:
beast

beast

May 19, 2011
I understand the bullshit behind this and it is taking away rights but how about this, don't be illegal and/or have drugs? If their only checking for that, then whats the big deal?

R

regular

MuscleHead
May 31, 2012
I understand the bullshit behind this and it is taking away rights but how about this, don't be illegal and/or have drugs? If their only checking for that, then whats the big deal?

What if someone doesn't have any narcotics and isn't an illegal alien. Why should that person be pulled over and questioned by a federal agent for no reason?

They are very careful not to say that they are detaining people. They phrase their demands as though they are voluntary. Legally if someone is not being detained they can walk away from a LEO. I wonder what would happen if someone just drove through a checkpoint. What legal grounds would they have to pull someone over and detain them at that point?

Last edited:
beast

beast

May 19, 2011
I think a bit of power abuse is at hands but to stop stop and say yea, I'm an American isn't that hard. But clearly it's not working.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011

So you don't have a problem with being asked to pull over and have officers look threw ur personnel belongings while they hold up your day? What good can come from that? There not there to help you. No good can come from that... I thought the videos were great and entertaining but The sad truth is a lot of officers won't back down and ur rights will be violated... I don't consent to any searches so no I don't agree with these border patrol stops 100miles out of the borders.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011

I understand where you're coming from BUT. They need to turn their attention from traffic coming from THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION. To the people coming IN to America. Harrassing Americans while turning a blind eye to the illegal hoardes swarming into the USA unmolested even protected more then a US Citizen?!!

O

oldnslow

Jun 6, 2013
Try driving through and you will see how "voluntary" it is. Expect the boundary area to increase.

In my home town last week we had federal authorities, with the assistance of local LE, do "voluntary" roadblocks and ask for either a breathalyzer, a blood sample or a cheek swab. Fortunately, enough people raised hell that the police chief made a statement of apology. He never should have cooperated in the first place, it shows where his true allegiance lies. This apparently happened in 30 cities across the country. It was done under the flimsy excuse of determing how many impaired drivers were on the road. I don't think a DNA cheek swab is helpful in determining impairment.This is just an exercise in desensitization, expect it to increase.

I would post links to these stories, but I don't have enough posts, yet.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic