Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Deload on Cycle?

REK

REK

Nov 23, 2011
nope not ever

I agree with ketsugo, I certainly understand, LOL, I'm not 18, or 30 anymore. But when I'm ON, I'M ON and plan it as such. I follow time on = time off, plus a bit lol. I do get my total re-coup when I'm off and let my joints rest as well.

Good Luck Bro.

Rek

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
First deloading (not for your sake II) is what allows for SUPERCOMENSATION! So, if you are training correctly you should become fatigued at some point during your training cycle, if not you are taking too long between workouts or your volume is too low and you are robbing yourself of gains with the old school mentality of the one factor theory (sounds like a bber).

So, back to your question, hell yah! During your deload is when you want everything, cals, gear and rest to be high so you will adapt to new levels. Keep in mind while you are dropping volume you keep the intensity high. Personally instead of half assing, I warm up to new PR's during my deload. So, if I used to bust my ass on 4 sets of inc bench for 6-8 reps, during a deload I will taper up to one new max set.

Hawk

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
^^^ so for you, deload week is PR week? One thing I've learned: there are many ways of getting it done!

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
1. Listen to your body.
2. Trial and error gets it right in the end.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
It's normal for powerlifters to deload every 3rd or 4th week, on cycle or off.... the weights are heavy enough that the CNS gets burnt out and you need to take a week to recover. It's common practice in my circles of friends.....

If you train like a pussy you could probably keep going without a deload, but if you are training heavy then you might need it. The key is not taking a week completely off. Use the week for some active recovery. Lots of contrast showers, light cardio, lots of reps and light weight to flush everything out, good time for a massage...... then get back to it pain free and fresh the next week.

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
^^^ so for you, deload week is PR week? One thing I've learned: there are many ways of getting it done!

Yes, in a sense. If deloading was simply about rest than you would not need to go to the gym, but as porky stated it is about recovery...without losing gains...hence the PR or at least one heavy set. The other sets should be seen as warm ups and flushing blood and nutrients into the muscle to enhance recovery without inuring new damage. This allows for CNS, joint, muscle and mental recovery.

Let me parenthesis my comments on deloading with this (and this may not apply to anyone who has posted in this thread); if you surf boards you will constantly find guys (good bro's) complain of plateaus or hitting walls etc... The majority of these guys do not have egos that will allow them to back off and allow for recovery every so often. Usually they think it's not enough calories or not enough juice so they always are looking for something new like what kind of bread does Jay Cutler eat? In reality the answer is that they are brunt out and there body needs a break. It is impossible in my mind to go balls to the wall 52 weeks a year. Mentally it's draining not to mention physically particularly if you have a blue collar job.

Rant over,
Hawk

BTW I have been deloading after every 6th week and have not stalled since I have started. I break new barriers of size and strength every new 6wk. cycle, which is why I continue it to this day.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic