Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

decision you made when you were younger that negatively impacts you today

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
Not looking for legal actions or consequences. I'll go first so you have an example.
I Guess I've always liked needles I HAD over 20 body piercings. Looking at me in public though you would only see 3, talking to me you might see 2 more. The consequences are my nipples are always hard and slightly deformed. I must use a urinal or sit down to pee or I make a mess. When ejaculating it goes in different directions.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I did something that earned me an administrative punishment in the military when I was really young. It impacted every single promotion after that, as the Marine Corps looks at your entire history during promotions. It didn't matter that my evaluations were always the top Marine of the reporting senior. I think I had 35-36 observed evaluations and I was ranked as the #1 Marine on 30-31 of them and never below the top 3. I was still promoted to the top of the enlisted ranks, but it prevented me from warrant officer and it slowed my promotion down about 4-5 years to get to the top. I might still be in, if I would not have been a dumb ass.

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
I did something that earned me an administrative punishment in the military when I was really young. It impacted every single promotion after that, as the Marine Corps looks at your entire history during promotions. It didn't matter that my evaluations were always the top Marine of the reporting senior. I think I had 35-36 observed evaluations and I was ranked as the #1 Marine on 30-31 of them and never below the top 3. I was still promoted to the top of the enlisted ranks, but it prevented me from warrant officer and it slowed my promotion down about 4-5 years to get to the top. I might still be in, if I would not have been a dumb ass.
Just out curiosity when you were an NCO would have you article 15s your soldiers for what you did or would have you just smoked the piss out of them save them from the article 15 knowing they probably never do that shit again. In Germany I had a long one-on-one counseling session in the gas chamber once! I was squared away after that.

K

KyleB

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2012
Buying stupid cars when market crashed for real estate. Should have bought more homes.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Just out curiosity when you were an NCO would have you article 15s your soldiers for what you did or would have you just smoked the piss out of them save them from the article 15 knowing they probably never do that shit again. In Germany I had a long one-on-one counseling session in the gas chamber once! I was squared away after that.
I only went the article 15 or courts martial route when it was something that was outside my control, i.e. they committed a crime, brought discredit upon the Marine Corps, etc... If I could handle it in house, I did. My incident should have been handled in house, but they wanted to set an example, as I was not the only one who did it, just the only one who got caught.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Not buying SiriusXM at .05

I had just sold for a loss and was going to buy a shit ton of shares but the Stern deal was up in the air and didn't buy.

Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole

Jul 31, 2023
That’s a pretty complicated question.
On one hand, if I had stayed in the Army (82nd Airborne), I would have retired by ‘97 with a 30 year pension to live on instead of just my S.Security.

On the other hand, the life expectancy of a career soldier in combat isn’t that great either. I might have gotten injured beyond repair or killed.
If I would have stayed in then maybe I would have stayed in shape but then again, if I had stayed in I wouldn’t have the life experiences I have enjoyed.

If I would have stayed in, I probably would have stayed single instead of paying for 3 divorces which are 3 life experiences I could have done without.

It’s just one of the “dunno” kind of things that no one can say for certain how it would have turned out one way or the other.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Mine is pretty easy.

Pretty much being the first one to reach the egg.

I

Iron1

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2021
Years ago a coworker of mine gave me a decent size cache of those fireball hard candies. I happily crunched my way through them over time.

I am now dealing with the broken teeth that started as fractures from that event. Treat your teeth well.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic