Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

D-Aspartic Acid

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I really thought this product would filter through to where I work but it hasn't. In NZ at least it's still relatively new, and apart from reading a couple of articles about DAA on the net and a write up in one of the major BB'ing mags last year I'd like to say that it looks promising. Haven't read into any studies on it yet with regards to increasing testosterone, but with that being one of its' claims then I would think there's maybe something in it.

It is my understanding that it's the free unbound testosterone that you are looking to try to increase and that comprises only 1-3% of total testosterone (it's only the free testosterone that is linked to muscle gains and strength). The goal is to try and favourably alter the ratio of free testosterone to bound testosterone, and with test boosters this can often occur due to the adrenal cortex being able to produce more of the C19 hormone which is a precursor to testosterone. I have read up on a few natural herbs that claim to promote testosterone, and the ones that appear to have merit IMHO would be fenugreek, tribulus (with at least a 40%+ saponin content) and B Dimers.

So could DAA be a good supplement to add into the mix? Well synergistically it's quite likely to be something that could combo quite well with your basics like creatine and Beta Alanine. I assume that over the next year or so it will gain more credibility which hopefully will yield some clinical studies being done on it using athletes. I'd probably be keen to look into it further :ranger:

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I used it for about 2 years before I tried AAS and never noticed any effects from it.

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
I used it for about 2 years before I tried AAS and never noticed any effects from it.

It's a big hype that's why lol. The net effects on TT and FT are so minor in the eugonadal population it's really not worth it. Garbage supp IMO and multiple studies show how little effects it has.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
It's a big hype that's why lol. The net effects on TT and FT are so minor in the eugonadal population it's really not worth it. Garbage supp IMO and multiple studies show how little effects it has.

Couldn't agree more.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
My muscles felt fuller on it and my nip tweaked out. Still got a pea sized lump under there.
Maybe it's just an estrogen enhancer lol

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
My muscles felt fuller on it and my nip tweaked out. Still got a pea sized lump under there.
Maybe it's just an estrogen enhancer lol

It does increase prolactin, which, in principle, can agitate the users predisposition. (IE. User has increased levels of endogenous PRL prior to use) Although there is no data to confirm or deny PRL induced gyno from DAA, all anecdotal.

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
It does increase prolactin, which, in principle, can agitate the users predisposition. (IE. User has increased levels of endogenous PRL prior to use) Although there is no data to confirm or deny PRL induced gyno from DAA, all anecdotal.

Prolactin does not cause gyno.

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Prolactin does not cause gyno.

You seem confused, prolactin does not cause gyno in the absence of estrogen. PRL goes hand in hand with increased estrogen levels, and PRL/Progesterone can agitate gyno in people with pre-existing conditions.

Its clinically referred to as PRL induced gyno due to the agitation, not because PRL alone causes gyno (which cant happen)

Bottom line, keep your estrogen in check.

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
You seem confused, prolactin does not cause gyno in the absence of estrogen. PRL goes hand in hand with increased estrogen levels, and PRL/Progesterone can agitate gyno in people with pre-existing conditions.

Its clinically referred to as PRL induced gyno due to the agitation, not because PRL alone causes gyno (which cant happen)

Bottom line, keep your estrogen in check.

Fortunately I'm not confused. Elevated Prolactin can go hand in hand with increased estrogen I agree and I never said otherwise. PGR can agitate gyno but prolactin induced gyno is a misnomer bc it simply doesn't exist. PRL causes issues of it's own including lactation but since lactation is NOT gynecomastia there is no such thing as PRL induced gyno.

I do agree though that keeping estrogen in check will alleviate most if not all PRL issues.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Here's a study that shows it does increase test levels above baseline for 6-12 days, then returning levels back to baseline

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19860889

Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 2009 Oct 27;7:120. doi: 10.1186/1477-7827-7-120.
[h=1]The role and molecular mechanism of D-aspartic acid in the release and synthesis of LH and testosterone in humans and rats.[/h]Topo E1, Soricelli A, D'Aniello A, Ronsini S, D'Aniello G.
[h=3]Author information[/h]

[h=3]Abstract[/h][h=4]BACKGROUND:[/h]D-aspartic acid is an amino acid present in neuroendocrine tissues of invertebrates and vertebrates, including rats and humans. Here we investigated the effect of this amino acid on the release of LH and testosterone in the serum of humans and rats. Furthermore, we investigated the role of D-aspartate in the synthesis of LH and testosterone in the pituitary and testes of rats, and the molecular mechanisms by which this amino acid triggers its action.
[h=4]METHODS:[/h]For humans: A group of 23 men were given a daily dose of D-aspartate (DADAVIT) for 12 days, whereas another group of 20 men were given a placebo. For rats: A group of 10 rats drank a solution of either 20 mM D-aspartate or a placebo for 12 days. Then LH and testosterone accumulation was determined in the serum and D-aspartate accumulation in tissues. The effects of D-aspartate on the synthesis of LH and testosterone were gauged on isolated rat pituitary and Leydig cells. Tissues were incubated with D-aspartate, and then the concentration (synthesis) of LH and cGMP in the pituitary and of testosterone and cAMP in the Leydig cells was determined.
[h=4]RESULTS:[/h]In humans and rats, sodium D-aspartate induces an enhancement of LH and testosterone release. In the rat pituitary, sodium D-aspartate increases the release and synthesis of LH through the involvement of cGMP as a second messenger, whereas in rat testis Leydig cells, it increases the synthesis and release of testosterone and cAMP is implicated as second messenger. In the pituitary and in testes D-Asp is synthesized by a D-aspartate racemase which convert L-Asp into D-Asp. The pituitary and testes possesses a high capacity to trapping circulating D-Asp from hexogen or endogen sources.
[h=4]CONCLUSION:[/h]D-aspartic acid is a physiological amino acid occurring principally in the pituitary gland and testes and has a role in the regulation of the release and synthesis of LH and testosterone in humans and rats.

Other stuff on DAA from examine
http://examine.com/supplements/D-Aspartic+Acid/

Diesel0022

Diesel0022

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2013
Fortunately I'm not confused. Elevated Prolactin can go hand in hand with increased estrogen I agree and I never said otherwise. PGR can agitate gyno but prolactin induced gyno is a misnomer bc it simply doesn't exist. PRL causes issues of it's own including lactation but since lactation is NOT gynecomastia there is no such thing as PRL induced gyno.

I do agree though that keeping estrogen in check will alleviate most if not all PRL issues.

Seems like we're on the same page, I may have worded it wrong the first time

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
Seems like we're on the same page, I may have worded it wrong the first time

Mi apologize if I take across as a dick. Not my intention whatsoever. It's just been a very stressful week but that's not an excuse.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic