Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

CZ 75 sp01 or HK P30 or something else?

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
looking at buying my first gun...9mm most likely... Recently shot a HK p30, glock and a Citidel 45 cal 1911... Loved that one.

I want a SIG mk25 or 226 but just can't really justify that kind of coin just yet for something to learn with and shoot at the range... Possibly considering a Springfield XD9 which is a bit of a lesser gun than the HK or CZ... What do you guys like and why?

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
The XD9 is a fantastic firearm. For carry and defense shooting, it should be high on your list. CZ is decent for the money, but I don't care for them as carry guns. HKs are very, very nice, but I couldn't bring myself to buy one when you consider a Glock or XD9 are two amazing guns with lots of support and mods

B

body_by_donuts

Jul 5, 2011
What up Jhot, good to here from you.

Its all depends on your needs. If it is for home defense, carry, or target? CZ makes a great gun for the money. 9mm is a decent round, but if you are going the full size route and weight it not an issue, I would for with a .40 sig. If i had to carry, I would go with a glock 27. I would not go with a 1911 for your first gun.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Carry permits here are all but impossible to get at the moment unfortunately although it's been challenged recently... I may still pursue it later but Mainly this would be for home defense and shooting at the range. I would like to get something that is a good platform to modify and customize, which made me thing the CZ might be the best bet.. just not ready to spend 1-2k on a sidearm.. Looking for something in th 500-$750 range that is not junk

As far as the very limited guns I shot, I favored the compact Citidel 45, 1911 even though it's not a high end manufacturer, the one I shot had some dead eye accuracy, and a great feel.. I do not have huge hands.. average size and the HK I shot just seemed awkward as to where the slide release was it was more difficult to navigate than a glock 17... Although the de-cocking safety was a cool feature. I plan on shooting some CZs this weekend and maybe seeing if I can rent a SIG at the range...would love to shoot a sig .40.... Hopefully I can work it out soon

R

ROCKETW19

May 21, 2013
any 1911 I mean any will shoot better than a glock. Glock is the AK of pistols. it will go bang every time no matter what. will it shoot as good as a 1911 the AR of pistols no way.
saying that plastic guns have more to offer than just accuracy. they cheap shoot fast and hold a lot of ammo. I have a few Glocks that I pimped out and turned into full race guns but my wilson combat will out shoot both put together.
HK , XD great guns also better than glock not quite a 1911
hope that helped some. def buy good ammo and dont skimp on a HD gun you might actually need it one day.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I am a total Springfield Armory fan! Love the XD's!! I'm not a Glock fan at all. HK are nice but I don't like the feel of them. I say Sig or the XD!

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
any 1911 I mean any will shoot better than a glock. Glock is the AK of pistols. it will go bang every time no matter what. will it shoot as good as a 1911 the AR of pistols no way.
saying that plastic guns have more to offer than just accuracy. they cheap shoot fast and hold a lot of ammo. I have a few Glocks that I pimped out and turned into full race guns but my wilson combat will out shoot both put together.
HK , XD great guns also better than glock not quite a 1911
hope that helped some. def buy good ammo and dont skimp on a HD gun you might actually need it one day.

Your credibility went out the door when you compared the Glock to the AK, then finished yourself off when you said Wilson Combat.

Last edited:
jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
My HD gun is going to be a 10 gauge and an AR15 lol....I will be standing at the top of the stairs waiting for anyone that sets my security alarm off

R

ROCKETW19

May 21, 2013
Your credibility went out the door when you compared the Glock to the AK, then finished yourself off when you said Wilson Combat.
ha why would you not compare a Glock to an AK?(they both have shitty accuracy and both go bang eveytime) and whats wrong with wilson combat? dont be a rookie and talk about something you dont have

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Accuracy is about the operator, not the tool. I can put rounds on target with a Gluck or an AK.

Anyway you guys are all wrong. Guns are bad.

#stoptheviolence

R

ROCKETW19

May 21, 2013
Accuracy is about the operator, not the tool. I can put rounds on target with a Gluck or an AK.

Anyway you guys are all wrong. Guns are bad.

#stoptheviolence
well of coarse but what will that have to do with my comparison? putting rounds on target and putting round accurate are two different things. I have 2 Glocks and stock from the factory I could not hit the side of a barn with them. after sending them to Glockworx now they are OK at best accuracy wise. I built them for speed not accuracy though.
there is just no comparison from a Glock to a Wilson combat or a AK to a AR accuracy wise. they both have their uses and both good at what they do and yes you have to know how to shoot.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Never shot a Wilson or an AR, but shot a glock out of the box and an Egypt arms maadi out of the desert and put rounds on target with both. I'm not a ten ring guy, I'm a make the bad mens go away guy.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic