Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Cycle options.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I'm a month out from starting a series of mini-cycles and have run into a supply/wife issue and need your opinion.

I made a deal with the wifey to only spend $300 total, including test p, mast p, adex, and hcg.(already had my pct).

Originally planned on running three 2 weeks on/4 weeks off cycles of the test p at 350mgs/week, and the mast p at 700mgs per week.

Well, I could only afford 30ml of mast p at 100mgs/ml and 20ml of test p at 100mgs/ml, so here are my options.

Cycle 1-
Test P 150mgs day 1
50mgs ED days 2-11
Mast P 200mgs day 1
75mgs ED days 2-11
This would be for three consecutive mini-cycles with 4 weeks in between each one. 350mgs/week of test p, 525mgs/week of mast p. The high doses on day 1 are to get the circulating levels up as quickly as possible seeing as the cycle is so short.

Cycle 2-
Test P 200mgs day 1
66.66mgs ED days 2-13
Mast P 300mgs day 1
100mgs ED days 2-13
Obviously the test p dosage would be hit or miss from day to day as 66.66mgs is a tough pull, but it would average out. Point of this cycle would be that it is higher dosages for a slightly longer time but I would only be able to squeeze out two consecutive mini-cycles with a 4 week break separating them.

So which of the mini-cycles would you run?

(Omit the opinion that I should just buy more gear. I already know this, but my wife is one of those hard-nosed stubborn bitches that won't let you not be a man of your word.[-()

Like_a_Weed

Like_a_Weed

MuscleHead
Jan 25, 2011
Why not just drop the mini cycles idea and just do one? They are so mini I can't see a whole lot happening in only 2 weeks on them. It's pretty admirable that you will be keeping your word and not just lying and getting more, like I would probably do.

D

DIEZEL

MuscleHead
Jan 26, 2011
Your only running a cycle for 2weeks?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
The theory behind the 2on/4off mini-cycles is like this.

1: Super-fast recovery which equals greater net gains.
2: Less sides.
3: Less time "off" equaling greater net gains.
4: Less conspicuous.
5: More "natural" looking and consistent body throughout the year.

Obviously these cycles limit your options as far as compounds go, because a short esther is the only viable option. And the gains will be slower, (however I believe over the course of a year that the gains would surpass traditional cycling). But if you are
looking to keep a low-profile, then slower, steadier gains are what you want.
Like I said in the original post, I haven't tried this way yet, but I've read logs by people who have and it seems very promising. I will keep a log when I start in late March so y'all can see the progress.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Let me qualify the statement about gains over the year surpassing traditional cycling gains.
Let's say you run a 12 week cycle with 4 weeks of pct. If you follow the time on=time off rule then you can run 2 cycles every 64 weeks. In that same 64 weeks, you can run 10 mini-cycles of 2on/4off. Let's estimate that you gain 20 pounds on each of the 12 week cycles and lose ten during your time off. Your net gain over that 64 weeks is 20 pounds. To match that mark, you would only need to gain 3 pounds per two week cycle and lose 1 during the time off. More than likely, you will actually gain 4-6 pounds per two week cycle and lose 1-2 of it. Making your net gain over the 16 weeks anywhere from 20-35 pounds. Now obviously homeostasis will eventually kick in and you'll have to up the dosage, add in a compound or two, etc., but the point is made right?

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
Hey man run it and see how it goes, I know that Bill Roberts kind of inspired this for ya and he says it can be done and work well, Love to hear how it goes

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I've done one 13 week cycle and went from 220 to 255. However, my bodyfat jumped from about 13-14% to 17-18% as I was eating 6000-7000 calories per day. I'd still venture to guess that i gained 18-22 pounds of lean mass, of which I've kept 15 or so. Not sure why how many cycles I have done has anything to do with the theory behind mini-cycles? Is there an end-game to that question? I don't profess to be a veteran or anything close, but I do my research and don't blindly follow the norm without questioning everything.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
For sure ys. I know you've been flirting with the idea of cruising and blasting, and as I was thinking about this the other day, I realized that the 2/4 scheme has it's similarities to cruising and blasting. You are blasting for two weeks and then letting your body recover for 4. The difference is obvious, you are "cruising" on your own production. But with how fast you'd recover, it would almost be like cruising and blasting. I think it is a viable alternative for guys in our mid-to-late twenties like us.
Bill gave me the direction I needed over on meso, but now I'm curious to see what the vets over here think about this unique way of cycling. I've been following this forum closely and I think there is a lot of knowledge out there to be shared.

D

DIEZEL

MuscleHead
Jan 26, 2011
The only way to know is to try it out, but keep us updated. I know for me even with short esters at week 2 im starting to feel real good, then to come off would just be a tease. Plus i dont buy into this 4 week recovery thing, you really dont know if you recovered unless you get blood work done. Everyone is different some take months to recovery even off a short ester and others its quicker, plus all the up and down confusing your system with more sides.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
The only way to know is to try it out, but keep us updated. I know for me even with short esters at week 2 im starting to feel real good, then to come off would just be a tease. Plus i dont buy into this 4 week recovery thing, you really dont know if you recovered unless you get blood work done. Everyone is different some take months to recovery even off a short ester and others its quicker, plus all the up and down confusing your system with more sides.

I hear ya diezel. On the short esther cycles where you were just starting to feel good at the end of week 2, did you front load on day 1 to bring the circulating levels up quickly? My impression is that the mega-doses on day 1 are to get that "feeling" much faster, but either way, it will be a test of will power when I stop at day 11 each mini-cycle. I think I'm prepared for that.

As far as the recovery, and correct me if I'm wrong, but recovery is variably based upon the total length of time spent "shut-down", regardless of the esther used. So a 16 week cycle of test p would be similar in recovery to a 12-13 week cycle of test e or c. If my knowledge of recovery is right, then 14-15 days of no endogenous test production should be relatively easy to recover from with the proper pct. Bill Roberts over on meso believes that even a week of pct is probably enough, but I will be running two weeks of pct for each 2 week cycle. This would mean each cycle from start to finish would be 2 weeks on, 2 weeks pct, and 2 weeks off.

Like you said, things will be different from person to person, so hopefully this works out for me. I've still got another month to perfect everything, but I will let y'all know how things go when I do start.

One thing you brought up that I need to research some more is the whole up and down thing. It makes sense that it would be stressful on the body, but it is acute stress, not prolonged stress, so hopefully my research yields that the body can adjust well and not freak out.

red rocket

red rocket

Feb 17, 2011
I think its a bad idea. You are keeping your body in constant flux. It wont know what way is up. I get your theory behind it, but the science doesnt equate. To get constant and good gains you want to keep you hormone levels at a consistent level, by jumping on/off every 2 weeks you are going to be all over the map, and in the end you may do more damage then good, in respect to being able to fully recover in the end.

My 2 cents is save it until you can get enough to do a solid cycle. There is no reason your bodyfat should jump up just because you are cycling, if you want lean gains eat accordingly, if you just want gains eat mc donalds.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic