Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Curbing appetite with soluble fiber while cutting

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I just cut 1000 calories a day out of my diet which I ate at surplus for 4 months.

I am now cutting at 2400 cal/day. It actually feels good to have a break but there has been some hunger pains and an "empty" feeling in my stomach.

I was reading some Lyle McDonald stuff and one of his recommendations for blunting appetite was the addition of soluble fiber to meals. (like Benefiber). It is tasteless and mixes with just about anything...even greek yogurt. He explained that it slows the digestive process by creating a "gumming" effect in the intestines.

Anyway....been doing it for 2 days now and it has proven to be VERY effective for me. Two tsp in morning with breakfast (mixed in my whey shake). Two in my snack of greek yogurt mid day and two with dinner. This has really worked well for me and wanted to share. Hey....it is healthy too!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I use Glucomannan.

Thanks man. Never heard of it. Looked it up, and it looks interesting.

Does it work well for you and if so, how much?

Thanks!

J

julie

Jul 30, 2012
Glucomannon helps. Take it with water at least 30min befor or with meals or mrp or shakes or and its suppose to swell up in volume to help with fullness.(stuff was also on dr oz show as diet help)

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I use Glucomannan.
Does seem useful stuff, it's plant based which I like and it has shown benefits for lowering LDL cholesterol in addition to curbing appetite. It's also known as the konjac plant.

As a sidenote, you want to make sure you are taking in both soluble and insoluble forms of fibre rather than just one or the other.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic