Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Critique my diet please!

l2play`

l2play`

Oct 27, 2012
Hey Iron den members,

I've been training with weights naturally for the past 4 years. I'm running a Test C cycle. Could you please critique my diet.

Meal 1
Whey protein shake + 2 fish oil
1 cup oats + honey + banana

Meal 2
Baked beans + multivitamin
1/2 cup mixed veg

Meal 3
Chicken breast sandwich + diet coke

Post workout
Whey shake + 2 fish oil
Salad wrap

Meal 4
Baked beans mixed with 1/2 cup mixed veg

Meal 5
Meat Pie

Meal 6
Just before bed I replace the whey with a weight gainer shake.

Thanks in advance!

nychris

nychris

MuscleHead
Oct 12, 2012
It's hard to critique your diet when you don't list what your goals are. Is this your first cycle? How much test-c? You also need to list the amounts of each item. What's with all the baked beans? That's not an ideal source of protein. At first I thought maybe you were trying to lean out because of the low amount of carbs, but then at the end you drink a weight gainer shake so I'm confused now. The diet definitely needs work, but list your goals and we'll take it from there.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Replace all of the powdered weigh and gainer with actual foods. You're barely eating anything.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
If your trying to gain weight you gotta eat more then that. Post your goals so that you can be better helped.

Spongy

Spongy

Mar 18, 2012
Hey Iron den members,

I've been training with weights naturally for the past 4 years. I'm running a Test C cycle. Could you please critique my diet.

Meal 1
Whey protein shake + 2 fish oil
1 cup oats + honey + banana

Meal 2
Baked beans + multivitamin
1/2 cup mixed veg

Meal 3
Chicken breast sandwich + diet coke

Post workout
Whey shake + 2 fish oil
Salad wrap

Meal 4
Baked beans mixed with 1/2 cup mixed veg

Meal 5
Meat Pie

Meal 6
Just before bed I replace the whey with a weight gainer shake.

Thanks in advance!

Hey bro, like the others said it is hard to give you an good critique without knowing what your current stats and current goals are. I CAN tell you that you are not getting enough solid protein. I only see two meals there that have solid meat, the rest are just powdered or vegetable proteins. I advise all of my clients to drop the powdered protein except for immediately post workout. It is not doing you any good and has a low absorption rate, regardless of what the advertisements tell you. It leaves the body faster, your digestion time is greatly reduced, you become hungrier faster. Also, you may think that you are getting a decent amount of protein from your beans, but remember that we, as humans, only have one stomach (as opposed to cows that have two) and as a result have great trouble breaking down the proteins that come from vegetables. That included beans. Beans are great for health, but not the best protein source. You know how people have a tendency to pass a lot of gas after having a lot of beans? One of the major reasons for that is the undigested protein.

I don't know what your stats are, but it also seems as though you are way light on calories, regardless of your goal. I have guys that cut weight at 3200 calories per day and bulk at 4500 or more.

Here is my "flying from the seat of my pants, i have no idea what your goals are" suggestion.

The portions are not going to be accurate because it depends on your goals and current stats, but it will give you a general idea of what you should be eating like.

Meal 1
8 egg whites, 2 whole eggs
1 cup oats
1/4 cup blueberries
1 cup unsweetened almond milk

Meal 2
6 oz Chicken breast (weighed cooked)
2 slices Ezekiel bread
1 cup steamed veggies

Meal 3
6 oz Chicken breast (cooked)
3/4 cup brown rice
1 cup steamed veggies

Meal 4
7 oz Chicken breast (cooked)
8 oz sweet potato

Meal 5
7 oz sirloin
1/2 avocado

Meal 6
12.5 oz fat free greek yogurt

If you are cutting, I would suggest carb cycling, so this would be considered a medium carb day, you would cycle this with high carb days, low carb days, and no carb days.

Please let us know where you stand right now and your goals, it will make this a whole lot easier.

B

Bambam2012

Oct 29, 2012
Listen to the above advice. But your stats are really important to know. Makes a difference on grams of food. But like stated by others. Whole food, whole food, whole food. Maybe the shake and honey and banana after a workout. But the rest whole foods ( except the baked beans) And training? Cycle + food + training + rest. Is the formula. Gotta have the right plan on each

l2play`

l2play`

Oct 27, 2012
Hey guys thanks for the feedback!

I started weight training when I was 20 currently 24. I'm 5'5 and weighed 50kg, very small bone structure, easily on the lower spectrum of male body sizes. Bulked over the years to 70kg then cut back to 65kg. Fairly lean at the moment. So far have stayed natural but decided to do a 12 week cycle of Test Cyp.

I'm only using one compound and following up with a clomid and nolva pct. I'm trying to bulk up through this cycle but was recommended by a friend to not go over the top with calories and increase weekly by 300-500. He's competed nationally and suggested it would provide keepable gains as long as I kept my food intake up post cycle and training.

Currently I'm eating 2600 calories and am In my second week. Following this diet I was consuming
160 grams of protein. More than 1.5 times my body weight.

60 grams of fat. Unfortunately I have a hereditary disease so have trouble digesting fat. Ideally I would want to keep this even lower to say 50 grams per day.

270 carbs.

Ideally my diet should be high protein, carbs and low fat.

I work full time and the baked beans was easily carried in my eskimo! lol. Each can adds upto 3.4 servings. I live by myself so cooking is somewhat of an issue. I purchased a george foreman to easily cook chicken breasts.

I like the idea of upping my meat portions. The use of shakes was just making it easier to carry to and back from work. If it is such a bad idea i'm willing to go the distance and reduce their intake.

Responses are much appreciated.
Thanks!

N

MuscleHead
Jun 22, 2012
for sure it's absolutly not a rule. but food out of tins is not so good. if the beans are from a tin it may lower the quality of the diet a little bit. (same issue is cooking with a micro wave oven which is not so good for the health)

B

Bambam2012

Oct 29, 2012
U have trouble with all fats ? If u can try to eat at least avacodo and almonds. I also like a supplement called smart blend for good fats. U really need good fats if you can. Do you know your bf %. If you are naturally lean. I do not believe there is an over the top of food as long as as it is quality food. That could be said for any body type but especially if u r an ectomorph. Eat until you can't stand it then eat more particularly on a cycle and heavy training

l2play`

l2play`

Oct 27, 2012
Unfortunately yes. I have genetic pancreatitis and take enzymes with all my meals. I"ve remained pain free for the past few years training and eating a low fat high carb diet. I'm lean all over except mid section fat. I think it's genetics my dad is skinny with a huge gut lol. I have no accurate measure but I would guess 15 percent. I don't mind ending up at the 20-25 percent mark after this bulk. If someone is limited to the amount of fats they consume can this be substitutes with higher protein and carb consumption? As long as I meet my daily fat requirement and protein aren't calories just calories?

l2play`

l2play`

Oct 27, 2012
In terms of absorption are the shakes easier for the body to process. Like i mentioned above I take pancreatic enzymes specifically, creon 25000, with everything I eat. Isn't food in liquid for easier for the body to process. If I pick shakes that are higher in carbs and fat they would keep me 'fuller' for longer?. Also I understand the importance of real food than relying on shakes but for my specific condition where food absorption is an issue are they beneficial for me?

The whey protein shake that i've mentioned is only 100 calories and is only protein 25grams ( no carbs/fats). I choose to have one as soon as I wake up because the body has been fasting all night. Then I have brekkie straight after it.
Then I use the same whey straight after a workout. Followed up with a post workout meal.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic