Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Creatine Questions

lolsoz

lolsoz

Jan 28, 2012
Ive been thinking of taking Creatine and researched what it does and how it helps you and things.... My question is...

What type of creatine to buy ?
Do i take the creatine post workout or pre workout ??
Do i mix it with my WHEY ??
How much should i take everyday??

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Pre workout, is best or pre-load, mix it with your whey if ya want, juice or dextrose is better, take it everyday based upon your bodyweight, typically 5 grams is a "dose"
Are you looking at "brands" or "types" of creatine?
Old school creatine monohydrate will work fine but you will get some bloat as well not a bad thing really.
There are newer types available I use Kre-alkalyne myself.

Creatine Reviews

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
click on that link and don't buy shit in a giant TUB for 20 bucks.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
LG's got it right... Creatine Monohydrate is a great supplement... Any stomach discomfort or bloat can usually be resolved in one of two ways. Mixing the creatine with a warm liquid. Undissolved creatine is what causes the bloat and discomfort. Mix well. Other way to avoid this is to buy the creatine micronized. That allows it to fully dissolve with ease. When I buy creatine monohydrate I usually get Optimum Nutrition Creatine Powder, or any other brand that uses "Creapure" creatine. This is a german source and is not or at least less contaminated with chinese heavy metals...

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
The only thing I can add to this is to answer the question about mixing creatine with shakes, dont...its absorbed much better on an empty stomach with some sort of basic high gylcemic index sugar.

lolsoz

lolsoz

Jan 28, 2012
2 more things............
Do i take it pre or post workout??
If i take it post , can i mix with my WHEY?

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
2 more things............
Do i take it pre or post workout??
If i take it post , can i mix with my WHEY?
Thats what I just posted, dont mix it with your protien, as a rule of thumb I take all my micros first then wait 20 minutes for micros, first pass and proteins acidity will inhibit the absorbtion, taking it on an empty stomach actually helps its uptake, its not discussed to often but Dorian Yates came to a buddy of mines nutrition shop and told us he actually liked to get up in the middle of the night and take his creatine then...oh wait no scientific study..so sorry..guess that makes this bro-science, yeah I suppose Mr Olympia was doing it all wrong lol.
No seriously, empty stomach post workout then get in your carbs and protein after.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Thats what I just posted, dont mix it with your protien, as a rule of thumb I take all my micros first then wait 20 minutes for micros, first pass and proteins acidity will inhibit the absorbtion, taking it on an empty stomach actually helps its uptake, its not discussed to often but Dorian Yates came to a buddy of mines nutrition shop and told us he actually liked to get up in the middle of the night and take his creatine then...oh wait no scientific study..so sorry..guess that makes this bro-science, yeah I suppose Mr Olympia was doing it all wrong lol.
No seriously, empty stomach post workout then get in your carbs and protein after.

Great info Aj thanks brotha, old dog new tricks and all that;)

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
The only thing I can add to this is to answer the question about mixing creatine with shakes, dont...its absorbed much better on an empty stomach with some sort of basic high gylcemic index sugar.

Right on... Like the classic grape juice

lolsoz

lolsoz

Jan 28, 2012
ok guys ive got another question ..... Im 16 and taking WHEY should i add creatine ? yes or no and plz why

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
ok guys ive got another question ..... Im 16 and taking WHEY should i add creatine ? yes or no and plz why

You're not taking whey, you're just drinking it ;)

Creatine is fine at your age.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic