Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Creatine and alcohol

BuildBigger

BuildBigger

Aug 27, 2012
When taking creatine and you've reached maximum saturation of the product within the muscles you start to hold extra cellular water which means you must drink more than the usual amount (I drink plenty anyway).
When you drink alcohol, you become dehydrated because it is a diuretic. (you probably all know this just adding it in to help me word my question :p)

If you go out drinking on the weekend and you become deprivated of water, you drink plenty before bed and you wake up the next morning and drink plenty too, would any of that creatine be lost from within the muscle? if not, what would actually happen?

Thanks!

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
I have no idea bro. I'm pretty sure alcohal affects your estrogen in a negative way. Sorry if I want that helpful here.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
It would likely lead to a pretty severe hangover.

BuildBigger

BuildBigger

Aug 27, 2012
I've read that it reduces your testosterone up to 40% for up to 48hours which definitely isn't good!
I haven't been drinking anything recently and going out with the lads, substituting that vodka for a glass of water! But on the occasional time I do, I was just curious about the creatine. When I do i usually have a vodka/diet coke to try to keep the already unnecessary cals to a minimum!

B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
I spend too much time in the gym and too much money on sups to worry about a few drinks...

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
Isn't it easier to just not drink alcohol...call me crazy

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I've heard that alcohol decreases test levels too.

But hey man, you have to enjoy life. If you wanna go out and drink do it.

Just a thought, maybe before you go to bed you could drink a bunch of water and Gatorade?

Maybe add some creatine to it ?

I'm pretty sure creatine just allows you to store extra water, so if alcohol dehydrates you, you need to replenish the lost fluid. If I'm wrong there please correct me.

Do you compete in a sport?

If not I wouldnt sweat it man.

Just enjoy yourself.

Last edited:
Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
But honestly I dont think you need to worry that its leaving your muscles. Im not an expert on it but im pretty sure it just works when you lift. Alcohol use is counter productive to what your doing in the first place anyhow. Im mean it wont kill ya but i always consider a few beers a step backwards in my cycle or program or what ever. This is pretty informative and maybe it will help you understand creatine better................

Attachments

• Creatine A Complete Users Guide .doc
    25.3 KB · Views: 314
BuildBigger

BuildBigger

Aug 27, 2012
I've heard that alcohol decreases test levels too.

But hey man, you have to enjoy life. If you wanna go out and drink do it.

Just a thought, maybe before you go to bed you could drink a bunch of water and Gatorade?

Maybe add some creatine to it ?

I'm pretty sure creatine just allows you to store extra water, so if alcohol dehydrates you, you need to replenish the lost fluid. If I'm wrong there please correct me.

Do you compete in a sport?

If not I wouldnt sweat it man.

Just enjoy yourself.

I dont compete, just your average gym goer really, ill try having some with a heap of water or so, thanks man!

BuildBigger

BuildBigger

Aug 27, 2012
But honestly I dont think you need to worry that its leaving your muscles. Im not an expert on it but im pretty sure it just works when you lift. Alcohol use is counter productive to what your doing in the first place anyhow. Im mean it wont kill ya but i always consider a few beers a step backwards in my cycle or program or what ever. This is pretty informative and maybe it will help you understand creatine better................

I guess, may just go back to normal coke, ill uave to have a read up on aspartame, ive heard iys bad for you but im not actually 100% sure in what way. Ill read the creatine guide too, thanks to all you guys for helping me with your responses!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic