Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Cramping

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
You need to supp with electrolytes. Hydration requires electrolytes. In fact, just drinking an abundance of water with the intention of hydrating will make you more prone to electrolyte depletion all the more.
At least a couple of the fellas here recommended “liquid iv” — a brand of electrolyte supp, but just about any brand will do you well and many are cheaper than the liquid iv brand.
Sodium, potassium, magnesium — those are the primary 3 you need.
Aside from that, there are times that the amino Taurine is effective for cramps, but that’s typically for specific peds known to cramp (Clen for example). Test isn’t a compound to ordinarily be associated with cramping.
Circling back, electrolyte supplementation is more than likely your solution.

rot-iron66

rot-iron66

Oct 30, 2022
I never drink enough water. It causes me to cramp up (because I dont).
When I do, its my intra, with EAA, Taurine, Creatine, but I think Creatine causes some cramping as well.
Trying to drink more water and adding in some Electrolytes to it... Maybe pound a couple of Gatoraids a day to see if it helps?

In the past Ive used Karbolyn Hydrate and I had no issues. Plus it has good carbs in it, for a good Intra...

Attachments

• karbo.png
    karbo.png
    242.7 KB · Views: 51
T

thehulk

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2022
My guess would be you are dehydrated and your sodium is too low. Your body is using more water and nutrients being on the test and you have not increased them enough to offset this.
^That. I’m prone to cramping but when it happens it’s always my own damn fault. About two weeks ago I’m sitting there watching tv minding my own bees wax when a wicked cramp came my way in my abs - well I hoped it was a cramp either that or I was headed home to the lord. Hopped up, made myself a nice cool glass of salt water and boom..few minutes later good to go. Usually I just drink some Propel or Mio everyday and avoid the problems all together. But it happens, particularly with me running keto or low carb most of the time.

Home made keto aid is pretty good too - plenty of recipes on the internet to help keep electrolytes in check.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
^That. I’m prone to cramping but when it happens it’s always my own damn fault. About two weeks ago I’m sitting there watching tv minding my own bees wax when a wicked cramp came my way in my abs - well I hoped it was a cramp either that or I was headed home to the lord. Hopped up, made myself a nice cool glass of salt water and boom..few minutes later good to go. Usually I just drink some Propel or Mio everyday and avoid the problems all together. But it happens, particularly with me running keto or low carb most of the time.

Home made keto aid is pretty good too - plenty of recipes on the internet to help keep electrolytes in check.
Yeah I do keto 1X a year in the early spring. I just bought some keto electrolyte pills and it helped a lot as well as salting my food more.

Jrod

Jrod

Jun 30, 2022
I take chelated magnesium ed as it is so helpful for muscle relaxation. Every once in a while when I’m laying flat on my back in bed I feel a cramp coming on at the bottom of my foot.
But plenty of water and vitamins/minerals help me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic