What's New?

Contraceptive: Test E + Progesterone

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Another interesting article:

J Androl. 2005 May-Jun;26(3):405-13.

Intramuscular testosterone enanthate plus very low dosage oral levonorgestrel suppresses spermatogenesis without causing weight gain in normal young men: a randomized clinical trial.
Anawalt BD, Amory JK, Herbst KL, Coviello AD, Page ST, Bremner WJ, Matsumoto AM.

Department of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98108, USA. [email protected]

Abstract
The development of a safe, well-tolerated, effective, and reversible male hormonal contraceptive would be a major clinical advance for couples planning their family size and for control of population growth. High-dosage parenteral testosterone (T) esters alone or in combination with a progestogen (eg, depot medroxyprogesterone) have been shown to confer effective and reversible male contraception in clinical trials, but these regimens are associated with weight gain and suppression of serum high-density lipoprotein cholesterol (HDL) levels. We have previously demonstrated that intramuscular T enanthate 100 mg weekly plus oral levonorgestrel (LNG) 125, 250, or 500 microg daily suppresses spermatogenesis to levels associated with effective contraception, but there is a LNG-dosage-dependent effect of weight gain and HDL suppression. We hypothesized that intramuscular T enanthate 100 mg weekly plus a very low dosage of oral LNG would effectively suppress spermatogenesis in normal men without inducing weight gain or HDL suppression. We conducted a randomized trial comparing 6 months of intramuscular T enanthate (100 mg weekly) plus 31.25 microg of oral LNG daily (T+LNG 31; n = 20) or 62.5 microg of oral LNG daily (T+LNG 62; n = 21). The 2 regimens were equally effective in suppressing spermatogenesis to azoospermia, fewer than 1 million sperm/mL and fewer than 3 million sperm/mL (T+LNG 31 [60%, 85%, and 90%] vs T+LNG 62 [62%, 91%, and 95%] for azoospermia, fewer than 1 million and fewer than 3 million, respectively; P = NS). The T+LNG 31 group did not gain weight (0.25 +/- 1.08 kg; P = NS compared with baseline),but the T+LNG 62 group gained 2.5 +/- 0.77 kg (P < .05 compared with baseline). Serum HDL cholesterol levels declined significantly in both groups (percentage decline month 6 of treatment vs baseline: 12.0% +/- 2.6% and 15.1% +/- 3.0%; P < .05 for T+LNG 31 and 62 respectively). Serum low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels also declined in both groups (percentage decline month 6 of treatment vs baseline: 6.9 +/- 3.9 and 6.0% +/- 4.1%; P < .05 for T+LNG 31 and P = NS for T+LNG 62). There were no clinically significant adverse events or significant changes in hematology or chemistry profiles in either group during the study. We conclude that 1) intramuscular T plus oral LNG has a very potent synergistic effect in suppressing spermatogenesis at LNG dosages equal to or lower than dosages used in common female oral contraceptive regimens and 2) large, long-term contraceptive efficacy trials should be conducted with a variety of androgen-progestogen combinations including long-acting T formulations such as depot T pellets or intramuscular T undecanoate plus depot LNG or very low dosage oral LNG.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
The guy who ate at Mcdonalds for 30 days in a row did a special on HRT (Morgan Spurlock). The test subject had 100% dead swimmers after 1 or 2 shots. Dscontinued injection after the 2nd week if I remember correctly. Toward the end of the 30 days, the swimmers came back.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
The guy who ate at Mcdonalds for 30 days in a row did a special on HRT (Morgan Spurlock). The test subject had 100% dead swimmers after 1 or 2 shots. Dscontinued injection after the 2nd week if I remember correctly. Toward the end of the 30 days, the swimmers came back.
Very interesting. From what I've read I would have to assume that some men can still produce sperm while on test, but 60%+ likely have no production at all. It looks like they add the progesterone just to be sure. I wonder what the effects of long term progesterone would be, even though it's a low dose? Possible gyno?

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Very interesting. From what I've read I would have to assume that some men can still produce sperm while on test, but 60%+ likely have no production at all. It looks like they add the progesterone just to be sure. I wonder what the effects of long term progesterone would be, even though it's a low dose? Possible gyno?
I don't think gyno would be possible with that low of a dose. Long term effects, for those unhealthy morons, I would think more cardiovascular disease, maybe also after a long term use the sperm count that does come back might be really low. It's hard to tell, 6 months isn't a long time.

D

DIEZEL

MuscleHead
Jan 26, 2011
I seen that one, all dead sperm and the wife gave the hubby hell so he quit. But i had 2 kids on cycle so it doesint work very well.

N

Neveroutgunned

Feb 9, 2011
bump D. I definitely knocked a chick up 12 wks into a 16 wk gig.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
For most the science states the swimmers should be dead, for the few lucky one's, your swimmers must be on something....lol

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Hope mine are all dead...
YES! My perspective.

The science says some folks sperm just up and stop living, bingo- and that other folks just get sperm impaired. Each condition gets a separate Latin word...

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
DIEZEL, respectfully gotta say: your wife is drop dead beautiful, so your swimmers got vital enthusiasm.

D

DIEZEL

MuscleHead
Jan 26, 2011
DIEZEL, respectfully gotta say: your wife is drop dead beautiful, so your swimmers got vital enthusiasm.
Thanks!! I was expecting non stop pussy at least for a month or 2. She had the IUD removed and 13 days later she knocked up, and i was running a gram of test along with other things...go figure right.

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
x2 and if you knew diez you'd be surprised because he looks like a crackbaby with a touch of down syndrome.