Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Compounds used during "off" periods

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Lol i certainly dont have striated glutes, but i dont have enough fat back there to go sub q. Id have to stick to belly fat near belly button or love handle area.

Do you only go sub q with prop? Or you always go sub q?
When I use it for TRT yes. No I don't exclusively go subQ.

Puff88

Puff88

Dec 28, 2022
Any issue with say going sub q for a while (15-20 weeks) then switch over to IM for some time, alternate that way? Never used test sub q but have come across some good reads that make me feel i may want to consider it.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Any issue with say going sub q for a while (15-20 weeks) then switch over to IM for some time, alternate that way? Never used test sub q but have come across some good reads that make me feel i may want to consider it.
No issues unless you are really lean and run out of places to hit your sub q. When my bodyfat is in the single digits my front abdominal area is really the only place I can consistently hit and I will get inflammation hitting the same areas too often.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
As far as long ass time subQ, I never charted it but I apparently don't have any masses of scare tissue anywhere. But then again, I'm not afraid to come completely off and suffer for months to let things settle. Weird how things have evolved today where going off drugs is somehow taboo. Granted I am in my 60s, but fuck I can walk around for a 1-3 months with my test in the dirt and that gets my health markers all in line. I guess it's still a choice if you want to be on something all the time and never return to a baseline. I always took time off. Curious..

How long have you been at this?
Can you still recover?
Do you come off completely at all anymore?
Are you concerned with masses of scare tissue from decades of intramuscular injections?
Do you feel subQ leaves more or less scare tissue?
Which do you think has more risk of tissue loss if an abscess occurs?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I'm 50. Bloods are decent. Cholesterol isn't perfect, with lower HDL and higher LDL, but they are still in range, Been using year-round for 4 years or so. Triglycerides are great. Everything else is good, though. Good question on the Anavar. I've tried dropping things one at a time (except Test) to see if I could do without, and each time, I lose a little performance in the gym. Anavar gives me just a little extra push/strength in my workouts... like one extra rep it seems. I'm due a round of labs but waiting until after DNP run. I've been watching cholesterol closely, and it's held same spot for a few years now. If it starts getting out of range, I will drop the Anavar for a while and see what happens.

Recently had an eye exam with an "OptoMap" scan. I like getting that because things like diabetes or high blood pressure will show up on the retina as kind of an "early warning," Even high cholesterol he can see. He said my eyes were in great condition (aside from
all the fucking floaters), and my retinae were in excellent condition.
Yeah, I would suspect the anavar in case of the HDL. At 40 mg a day anavar can reduce your HDL by as much as 30%.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
You've been on Var 40 mg/d for 4 years?
I have, but now you all have me thinking it's good time for a protracted break from it. I'm thinking back and feel like I've gotten to a point of diminishing returns, and out of everything I take, it is the most optional (and the biggest culprit with the cholesterol). Plus, there likely have been some unintended breaks from it built in due to quality issues. Ran into the same thing with Primo that was really just more Test (appreciate that source immensely for boosting my Total Test over 2500... silver lining is I know I can handle large amounts now).

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I'm 50. Bloods are decent. Cholesterol isn't perfect, with lower HDL and higher LDL, but they are still in range, Been using year-round for 4 years or so. Triglycerides are great. Everything else is good, though. Good question on the Anavar. I've tried dropping things one at a time (except Test) to see if I could do without, and each time, I lose a little performance in the gym. Anavar gives me just a little extra push/strength in my workouts... like one extra rep it seems. I'm due a round of labs but waiting until after DNP run. I've been watching cholesterol closely, and it's held same spot for a few years now. If it starts getting out of range, I will drop the Anavar for a while and see what happens.

Recently had an eye exam with an "OptoMap" scan. I like getting that because things like diabetes or high blood pressure will show up on the retina as kind of an "early warning," Even high cholesterol he can see. He said my eyes were in great condition (aside from
all the fucking floaters), and my retinae were in excellent condition.

Man that’s all great to hear. I’m glad things are staying healthy for you. I wasn’t aware of the optomap scan. That’s cool as hell. You just do that at a normal optometrist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Man that’s all great to hear. I’m glad things are staying healthy for you. I wasn’t aware of the optomap scan. That’s cool as hell. You just do that at a normal optometrist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, he's just a regular optometrist. It's a pretty large machine, though. The buy-in is probably more than most practices are willing to pay. But this is in rich city next to mine.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I don’t blast anymore, but I do increase my 140-200 for TRT. When I do, Usually I’ll add a 4-6 week tren of 200/week run when approaching the summer but that’s it these days. I respond really well to it and since I stopped blasting, the small doses hit well. Then again, my goals are vastly different than they used to be.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
To answer the original post, if I am cruising/off, I just use test sub-q only. I do this most of the year, though like, I mentioned in another post, if i need a bump here and there, i'll add in low dosed, sub-q injects of Mast Prop, NPP, or Eq.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic