Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Colon cleanse detox supplements

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Does anyone use detox supplements or do colon cleanse? Does anyone recommend a specific one? Thinking I could use one just for overall well being and health wise, lord knows I probably have left over Oreo and McFlurry shit still in me. Thoughts?

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Can be useful even if it's just something you do once a year.

Personally I'd be looking at something that encompasses your whole intestinal system rather than just focusing on one area such as liver or colon. 'Thisilyn Cleanse' by Nature's Way is a good one to run as it's pretty comprehensive and good quality.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Does anyone use detox supplements or do colon cleanse? Does anyone recommend a specific one? Thinking I could use one just for overall well being and health wise, lord knows I probably have left over Oreo and McFlurry shit still in me. Thoughts?

How come nobody can name these toxins?

Reactions: HGH
sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
golytely should do the trick lol. And than fast with water/clear fluids for a couple days and let your body cleanse itself without the OTC hype BS.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I don't know, what are you asking/saying?

That it's fitness/supplement industry bullshit. Cutting back on your sugar intake and bumping unsaturated fats will get you the same feeling as one of these detox diets.

Not prepared to say they are unhealthy, just that the claims are bogus. Toxins have names. These toxins they refer to are just called toxins. They don't exist.

I think I get the sense of why someone like you would look to something like this.

Working hard, studying hard, hitting the gym and trying to maintain weight or grow which requires tons of calories. I get into patterns of feeling like shit because of this.

My "detox"
I cut back on caffeine to one coffee in the morning
I put on a nicotine patch to cut back on smoking
I cut out "junk" essentially meaning packaged foods like poptarts
I measure water intake and hit 1 gallon daily
I get an extra hour of sleep at night by going to bed earlier

After just a day or two of this I drop bloat, head clears up and I feel "all systems go."

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I was going to give the salt/lime juice thing as suggested in the salt poll thread. To cleanse I just drop the tequila

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
You would be better off doing a weekly or monthly "fast"....A fast will get your body back in focus

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
Detox products you see being sold are all marketing gimmicks as POB is alluding to. In some circumstances doing the detox can actually be bad for your health.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
I have read that some pro body builders do some kind of cleanses after using massive amounts of gear for prolonged time .. Partly because of the idea of free radicals, heavy metals in non HG gear, and other toxins that might build up over time.. I think there's some actual supplementation as well as a change of diet favoring some fiberous superfood green juice crap. I'll see if i can find some posts on it

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Can't seem to find where it was posted but it was between an IFBB pro and a national level competitor, never anything I've ever believed in, but I thought it was interesting they said they did do something... Then again even people at a high level drink the kool aid sometimes

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
The other issue with many of the detox products is they clear you out of all the garbage in your system, but they also will rob you of essential nutrients as well.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic