Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Clen while on Keto?

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Is it okay to take Clenbuterol while on a ketogenic diet?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I've never heard of clen making someone hypoglycemic so I'd bet it is. I think Ephedrine would be a smart choice though. It will drive alot of that dietary fat into the blood stream to be burned up. In essence making the keto more efficient, much like it does with DNP.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Normally hyperglycemia is reported with people and albuterol/clen use unless adrenal fatigue has set in from stimulant overuse. Epinephrine/norepinephrine levels depleted.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2205770
clenbuterol raised serum glucose to 174% and insulin to 379% of control, using clen or ephed I would use a very low dose on a keto diet.

I agree with POB, ephed you feel a hell of alot better on a keto diet than you do with clen.

Last edited:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Great info there SHINE, awesome post.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Normally hyperglycemia is reported with people and albuterol/clen use unless adrenal fatigue has set in from stimulant overuse. Epinephrine/norepinephrine levels depleted.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2205770
clenbuterol raised serum glucose to 174% and insulin to 379% of control, using clen or ephed I would use a very low dose on a keto diet.

I agree with POB, ephed you feel a hell of alot better on a keto diet than you do with clen.

Thanks for the great info Shine! (my thanks button is not working or I would have hit it instead)

bigkarch

bigkarch

May 27, 2012
personally clen is over rated...and plz be careful of your keto diet

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I decided against clen while on keto, because an article I read said it helped increase burning of glycogen and carbs. Since I am not consuming those, it seemed a waste.

I don't have any ephedrine so I am not using anything atm.

BK what do you mean be careful of my keto diet? I am having an excellent experience with it and have never felt better.

DanButcher

DanButcher

Sep 9, 2010
I actually prefer DNP while on keto at a low manageable dose.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic