Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Carnivore diet

O

oldmanroger

Jan 27, 2023
Has anyone tried the carnivore diet. I been looking into it a bit I've heard nothing but good but I'd like someone's real experience with it. I'm just wondering how it feels to take all carbs out. Do you feel sluggish from no carbs. Since there's no carbs would it just burn the fat for the energy source. Any advice would be appreciated I'm not over weight abs are visible just looking for something new.

cockswole_gentleman

cockswole_gentleman

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2023
I don't know if it was carnivore per se, but Atkins, keto, and carnivore are really similar. The diet works, at least for a while, but it's hard to stay true to it long term. I didn't notice feeling sluggishness or anything.

But if you have visible abs, I'm not sure you'd like how your body looks? You will appear flat. Probably would be a good diet in prep for a contest with a carb up before to fill the muscles with glycogen.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
@gunslinger and @testboner will be here soon lol. They are big fans of it. I know SAD ran it for a bit too.

I've done what guess the gimmicky people call Ketovore now? All meat but I still ate veggies. Always had success with it. I just love having some beers so I've never done it more then 2-3 months. I could never do it in the summer.

O

oldmanroger

Jan 27, 2023
I posted same thing in another forum and everyone said they had problems with it. I might just try it for a experiment and log it to see how it goes.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
@gunslinger and @testboner will be here soon lol. They are big fans of it. I know SAD ran it for a bit too.

I've done what guess the gimmicky people call Ketovore now? All meat but I still ate veggies. Always had success with it. I just love having some beers so I've never done it more then 2-3 months. I could never do it in the summer.
I did the Ketovore thing as well, but stuck it out for about 18 months. Great for losing fat and my bloodwork was great. I did have to add in some probiotics, as my gut health suffered, but what is $30 a month when we spend so much money on all this other crap.

OP - I only felt sluggish from the low carbs for the first couple weeks. After that, I actually felt worse when I would have a cheat meal every 45 days. The extra carbs made me sluggish for a few days.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I did the Ketovore thing as well, but stuck it out for about 18 months. Great for losing fat and my bloodwork was great. I did have to add in some probiotics, as my gut health suffered, but what is $30 a month when we spend so much money on all this other crap.

OP - I only felt sluggish from the low carbs for the first couple weeks. After that, I actually felt worse when I would have a cheat meal every 45 days. The extra carbs made me sluggish for a few days.

I lose a ton of bodyfat but lipids always go up pretty good on "ketovore". I've done it the last 5 or so years Jan - March and then go as far as possible into March. Never knew the diet had a name until I read it here a few months ago. I just call it low-carb lol. It always does a number on my lipids though.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I lose a ton of bodyfat but lipids always go up pretty good on "ketovore". I've done it the last 5 or so years Jan - March and then go as far as possible into March. Never knew the diet had a name until I read it here a few months ago. I just call it low-carb lol. It always does a number on my lipids though.
I was running 25-35 miles a week when I was doing it, which probably helped with my bloodwork. The doctor said it was the cleanest he had ever seen, except for the RBC/HCT, which is always high for me.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Has anyone tried the carnivore diet. I been looking into it a bit I've heard nothing but good but I'd like someone's real experience with it. I'm just wondering how it feels to take all carbs out. Do you feel sluggish from no carbs. Since there's no carbs would it just burn the fat for the energy source. Any advice would be appreciated I'm not over weight abs are visible just looking for something new.
Aside from weight training its the single best thing I've done for my health. I first did a version of carnivore about 20 years ago and lost 70 pounds in 9 months. Felt great! Gradually over the years I slipped back into the standard american diet with bouts of low carb here and there. About 2009-10 I went keto and dropped around 30 pounds and got lean for some Jiu-jitsu competitions I was doing. I always knew lower carb was the way to go for me but a couple years ago I went full carnivore because of some people on here and their backward views on diet. I did a shit ton of research and after 5 months had dropped 51 pounds and posted the pics and my diet to prove it. Eating far more calories than I ever had while dropping fat and gaining muscle. (something they say is impossible).

I'd highly recommend checking out these youtube channels:

All 3 are Doctors and have lived off of nothing but meat and eggs for 10 plus years if I recall correctly.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Strict carnivore for 2mo, felt and looked great. Simply could not maintain the cost, cooking, and inconvenience of it though. It did completely change my relationship with food though. I have no problem having whole meals/days with nothing but animal source food. Carbs are shite in almost all forms. Veggies and fruits still make their way in regularly though. Feel and look great still.

O

oldmanroger

Jan 27, 2023
I'll start my log once I get my whole cow in the freezer meat locker has hell of a wait. Good friend owns a farm and bison farm get great beef and get a half a hog for 75 as well. Once freezer is full I'll log everything and test this out. I'm excited but same time worried. Wish me luck. I really appreciate everyone's input so I know what I'm getting myself into. Keep it coming guys.

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
Yep, eat nothing but lean meat and fish for 90 days and you will lose a ton of weight. I am doing it right now. Do not eat sugar, CARBS, at all. I am down 6 pounds in 15 days, it works every time.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I'll start my log once I get my whole cow in the freezer meat locker has hell of a wait. Good friend owns a farm and bison farm get great beef and get a half a hog for 75 as well. Once freezer is full I'll log everything and test this out. I'm excited but same time worried. Wish me luck. I really appreciate everyone's input so I know what I'm getting myself into. Keep it coming guys.
What exactly are you worried about? What are your concerns?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic