What's New?

Cardio while on clen w/ keto diet?

Heavyazzweight

Heavyazzweight

Feb 6, 2012
24 yrs old
15% bf
200lbs

I'm on a CKD, confirmed with strips on on ketosis. Diet is on point. Taking clen with ketotifen so I will be on it for six weeks total. Already down about 6lbs first week so it's going ok, I want it to be perfect :)

My question is what kind of cardio would you recommend to me? Hiit? Take the clen first thing in the morning then cardio?

Also what duration and how many Times/wk. Thanks so much in advance for your input.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
low intensity cardio is best when doing keto, I think most aim for 120bpm. Duration and frequency? I would start with empty stomach, first thing in the morning for 20 minutes or post workout on days you train and work my way up to 40, many do more, but they're aiming to do a show...

I really think 4 times a week is plenty, some do it every day, I find my legs lose size doing too much, but since it's low intensity 40 minutes is a safe bet you'll be fine, it will just be boring as hell as the effort output is minimal...

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
What is your dosing onthe clen?

Heavyazzweight

Heavyazzweight

Feb 6, 2012
I've worked up to 120mcg so far, probably keep it at that for a while.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
low intensity cardio is best when doing keto, I think most aim for 120bpm. Duration and frequency? I would start with empty stomach, first thing in the morning for 20 minutes or post workout on days you train and work my way up to 40, many do more, but they're aiming to do a show...

I really think 4 times a week is plenty, some do it every day, I find my legs lose size doing too much, but since it's low intensity 40 minutes is a safe bet you'll be fine, it will just be boring as hell as the effort output is minimal...

I second that. I've been plenty strong on a keto diet, but the one thing I lose is any burst-type energy - so that pretty much eliminates HIIT as an option. I do steady state treadmill or stepmill instead.

Heavyazzweight

Heavyazzweight

Feb 6, 2012
Great info everyone. Thank you so much. I was thinking about starting a progress log. Where should I do that?

T

Turbory

Dec 2, 2011
Fasted cardio my man. As a big guy I can tell you that always helps (and 120 mcg clen). Sounds like your killin it

S

simonjpa

Sep 10, 2010
I like to do cardio in the morning on keto but keep it short, 20 minutes as the clen will have your heart pounding.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic