Members
Latest Member
Samson0692
What's New?

Carb Cycling

M

Mr.Hooker

May 23, 2018
Has anyone here ever played around with carb cycling to drop body fat? Curious if you did high/low or high/moderate/low rotations.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Has anyone here ever played around with carb cycling to drop body fat? Curious if you did high/low or high/moderate/low rotations.

Absolutely! I used it for a while and dropped fat very easily. I did have to go up on the carbs in the lower carb day as I started gettign hypo. Chris Aceto is big on this diet.

Here are the basics as per Aceto:

When trying to gain mass

Protein and fat intake remains constant during the week. Only carbs fluctuate up and down. During high carb day are 2g/lb of body weight. During medium carb days, intake is lowered to 75% and low carb is lowered 25%.

When trying to lose fat

Protein and fat intake remains constant during the week. Only carbs fluctuate up and down. During high carb day are 1.5g/lb of body weight. During medium carb days, intake is lowered to 75% and low (er) carb is lowered 25%.

Example of a weekly cycle:

Monday – high carb

Tuesday – high carb

Wednesday – medium carb

Thursday – medium carb

Friday – medium carb

Saturday – low (er) carb

Sunday – low (er) carb

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
Absolutely! I used it for a while and dropped fat very easily. I did have to go up on the carbs in the lower carb day as I started gettign hypo. Chris Aceto is big on this diet.

Here are the basics as per Aceto:

When trying to gain mass

Protein and fat intake remains constant during the week. Only carbs fluctuate up and down. During high carb day are 2g/lb of body weight. During medium carb days, intake is lowered to 75% and low carb is lowered 25%.

When trying to lose fat

Protein and fat intake remains constant during the week. Only carbs fluctuate up and down. During high carb day are 1.5g/lb of body weight. During medium carb days, intake is lowered to 75% and low (er) carb is lowered 25%.

Example of a weekly cycle:

Monday – high carb

Tuesday – high carb

Wednesday – medium carb

Thursday – medium carb

Friday – medium carb

Saturday – low (er) carb

Sunday – low (er) carb
Did you adjust your training (i.e train legs or bigger muscles on let's say Sat or Sun when on higher carbs) or did you just train your regular workout wherever the body parts may fall on that day of carbs?

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Did you adjust your training (i.e train legs or bigger muscles on let's say Sat or Sun when on higher carbs) or did you just train your regular workout wherever the body parts may fall on that day of carbs?

I didn't have to adjust my training at all. The higher and medium carb was enough to lift especially when I eat the majority of my carbs before and after training. On the weekends I did not train and my energy level was on the floor. I have a lot of trouble on lower carb diets. I did put legs and back on Monday and Tuesday, chest on Wednesday, Arms on Thursday and Shoulders on Friday.

Here is my macro ratios:

High carb days = 1.5g/lb protein , 2g/lb carb, 0.55g/lb fat

Moderate days = 1,5g/lb protein, 1.5g/lb carb, 0.55g/lb fat

Low (er) carb days = 1.5g/lb protein, 1.12g/lb carb, 0.55g/lb fat

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic