Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Carb and calorie counting: serving sizes

J

Jake

Jun 23, 2011
I am struggling with working out how many carbs im eating. I just need to know, how many carbs in a cup of uncooked brown rice, how many carbs in a cup of raw oats and how many carbs in a baked potato.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
1 cup uncooked long grain brown rice: 143g or so carbs
about 63g carbs for a large (300g) baked potato
about 54g of carbs in a cup of raw oats.

J

jackhammer

Aug 6, 2011
i really need to get better at this macro part of it as well. i just paid a prep guy to do my diet. but isnt it as simple as lookin on the box or bag it came in to see how many carbs it is? or is this a metric system type issue. and im not trying to be a smart ass.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
fitday.com, calorieking.com or check the label & do the math.

J

Jake

Jun 23, 2011
cheers guys, i have always got back different amounts from different websites, so just wanted to make sure.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
none of them are going to be the same nor completely accurate for what you might be consuming. the key is to use the number as an estimate. if you arent in show prep being off a 100 calories here or there because of your program you are using isnt really a big deal. if you are really worried about then average several of them together and use that. there are countless programs out there that will give you average macros for every type of food you can imagine. :D

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic