Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Can't Sweat

C

Crocodome

Apr 19, 2011
Hi - I'm posting for my wife... or really, because I care about my wife and she doesn't hang out on the 'net much. My wife can't sweat. No matter what. We work out together... heavy squats, deads, bench, etc. I sweat like a beast and she isn't even glistening. We play tennis in Texas... and I'm melting and she's just swelling. And that's the problem. She just swells with the heat and is miserable. She's been like this for years, but since we're in Texas now and more active in the heat, I want her to feel better. Anyone seen this? Any advice?

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Is she consuming enough water? Have you spoken w/ a doctor? Not to be a smartass, but 5 minutes googling will probably get more info than posting on here. I hope she's done some research herself already because its so easy to at least get started online.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Hi - I'm posting for my wife... or really, because I care about my wife and she doesn't hang out on the 'net much. My wife can't sweat. No matter what. We work out together... heavy squats, deads, bench, etc. I sweat like a beast and she isn't even glistening. We play tennis in Texas... and I'm melting and she's just swelling. And that's the problem. She just swells with the heat and is miserable. She's been like this for years, but since we're in Texas now and more active in the heat, I want her to feel better. Anyone seen this? Any advice?

Low thyroid comes to mind, See a endocrynologist who specializes in thyroid care cause 90% of your regular doctors miss it and don't know how to test all the symptoms or read the pannels right. Taken from a well known endocrinologist below , reduced or no sweating is one sign, have her take a look at the other signs as well.
When My thyroid levels are Low *had them tested* I almost don't sweat at all, even while taking Ephed and fat burners.

Thyroid

The term means low thyroid function. Hypothyroidism probably affects hundreds of thousands of people but is often never diagnosed. Clinical signs and symptoms of hypothyroidism include the following (1,2,3):

Low body temperature, dry skin/hair, (red hair is at particular risk for low thyroid), inappropriate weight gain and/or an inability to lose weight, brittle nails, insomnia and/or narcolepsy, poor short-term memory and concentration, fatigue, headaches and migraines, premenstrual syndrome and related problems, menstrual irregularities, depression, hair loss (including outer third of eyebrows), low motivation and ambition, cold hands and feet, fluid retention, dizziness or lightheadedness, irritability, easy bruising, skin problems/infections/acne, infertility, dry eyes/blurred vision, heat and/or cold intolerance, low blood pressure, elevated cholesterol, digestive problems (irritable bowel syndrome, acid indigestion, constipation, etc.), poor coordination, diminished sex drive, reduced or excessive sweating, frequent colds/sore throats, asthma/allergies, slow healing, itchiness, food cravings, recurrent infections, food intolerances, increased susceptibility to substance abuse, anxiety/panic attacks, yellow-orange coloration on skin (particularly palms), yellow bumps on eyelids, slow speech, thickened tongue with scallop-like indentations, fluid in the ears, etc.

Because long-term low thyroid function causes poor circulation and reduces delivery of oxygen to tissue cellular and therefore has an association with heart disease and cancer as well as making you feel miserable, having even a few of these symptoms warrants checking your thyroid function.

R

RunningMan858

Nov 3, 2011
As a medical professional, she needs to see her doctor. Inability to sweat is not a good thing.

C

Crocodome

Apr 19, 2011
Yes - Google was the first avenue (who doesn't start there?), drinks tons of water... but the last post was the most helpful - thanks. Lots of red flags showing up there. This is why I came here, *that* helpful information as google didn't pan out. I've been in the fitness/weight lifting sport for many years, and I've found that these forums are generally the most helpful and that folks like you (us) are more in-tune with our bodies than our own doctors. Off to the endo!

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Best of luck w/ this! Not knowing what you've done to date makes for lots of repetition of basic stuff.

S

Steve Armstrong

Sep 16, 2010
Does she sweat while using a suana or steam room? Could be her nationality.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
My wife's friend had the same issue she takes here thyroid meds and she's all good.mind you she had thyroid cancer many years ago.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic