Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Calcium and Magnesium on gear, any thoughts?

E

EDED

Oct 26, 2011
Besides potassium/sodium imbalance gear can cause, what do you think about calcium and magnesium supplements on gear? any stories?

I have a few.

My friend gets ab cramps whenever he starts gear, sometimes it goes on its own but mineral supplement used to help him alot. I amt trying to narrow it down to cal./mag

in the fall if i dont take more calcium i feel nauseous and cramps up! usually people say too much calcium can cramp you but its otherway for me sometimes. now i am taking more magnesium. in the form of orotate. 500mg 3x a day. it makes me more excitable instead of relaxing (which is what mag supposed to do). so i am all backwards

Thoughts?

M

morrey

Jul 17, 2012
same here. whenever i am on i can expect massive cramping on all body parts after a workout if i dont take some magnesium

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
how about trying nutrient dense foods before popping a pill? Meaning find foods which are high in those that you feel (or blood work shows) you are lacking and add them to your diet. Eat to grow anyway.

B

Bambam2012

Oct 29, 2012
Check out a product from trace minerals research. Trace mineral tablets. It keeps me from cramping especially contest prep and water shedding. I use it year round. Start off wit one 3x a day and work up. Magnesium in too much quantity will give u the shits. It is a good overall product for bone density health and more

E

EDED

Oct 26, 2011
crowman, of course, bioavailability is very important and why taking oxide, citrate, orotate when i can get mag from chocolate for example ahhaha. i understand what you are saying. I am not eating too much dairy so its not that. I need to up my fruits.

bambam, thank you, i will look into it. i dont mind contest prep diet, what i hate is the day of after dehydration and the month afterwards the body is so fucked up lol.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic