Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

c-section scar

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I mentioned this in another post, but decided I wanted to make a post about this issue itself. My middle son was delivered via emergency c-section, and despite the scar being very low it still causes me grief. I can drop the fat on my stomach expect in the 1 1/2 inch area above the scar...it's like theres a fat trap right there and it is kind of stuck there. Below the scar is fine...above the scar is ok...but I am thinking that that pouch of fat will never go away LOL. Of course, having had 3 kids and being old, I have looser skin on my stomach than I would like, and I don't figure that will go away on its own at my age...but I think I could live with that if it didn't all hang in that one spot-it kind of folds up right there?

Ok, rant over LOL...just curious if anybody else has a similar issue with their stomach. Its just really frustrating when the rest of you is looking real good and you have that one lil spot that kinda ruins it....

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
as women, i think especially post child bearing, we have that little pouch and i dont think that short of 0% bodyfat, there is anyway to get rid of it. i didnt have a c section and yet i have that same damn little pouch of fat. it is easy to see on side views, and did i mention that i hate it :) im sure it has to do with an increase in estrogen receptors in the fat there. i always try to console myself with solomons description of it in song of solomon "your navel is like a round goblet which never lacks mixed wine; your belly is like a heap of wheat fenced about with lillies. " song of solomon 7:2 :D much more romantic sounding than a heap of fat :D

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I have some huge scarring from full abdominal surgery over 11 years ago, and my extra skin pools in the bottom, which is frustrating aside from the disfiguring scarring, but I do not hold fat there particularly, I mean yes more so than up around my ribs, but mostly I just bloat there, and any issues I have digestion wise you can tell.... but I also have NO visible abs, and though I am working on it they are underdeveloped and this is why you cant see them :/ I have always dreamed of having the tummy tuck when I drop the rest of the weight, but gh has been helping with the skin tightening up, and I do NOT want any more scarring... I know that some /alot of women get the pooch because they do not hold their bellys and posture in correctly, including some placing competitiors around our gym! sooo maybe evaluate your posture and eventually you will drop the fat and lose it ..

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
oh I was going to add that could it maybe be some extra scar tissue that you are seeing and not fat though ?

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
my dad was a posture fanatic and my posture has always been very good. i stand up, shoulders back, abs tucked and butt tucked and i have a pooch. so i dont think bad posture has much to do with it. i wish it did because i could fix that.

as far as scar tissue goes a lot would depend on the size of the visible scar. having done thousands and thousands of surgerys and seeing thousands of them afterwards, clean incisions dont scar that significantly! one can blame scar tissue if they want but it isnt the reason. :D

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Just think of it this way, it could be worse. I have seen a C scar on an afternoon stripper on a Tuesday and no one wants to see that!

My wife has the same issue btw.

usa

usa

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2010
Just think of it this way, it could be worse. I have seen a C scar on an afternoon stripper on a Tuesday and no one wants to see that!

I see we have been to the same strip club. LOL!

Your scar will probably always be there, but the remedy for the small pockets of fat and abdominal drooping would be abdominoplasty. My wife has had 2 kiddos by C-section and has/had the same issue. No amount of diet or abdominal training can fix that 100% of the time. But with the wonders of modern surgery it can be fixed.

D

DIEZEL

MuscleHead
Jan 26, 2011
Mt wife has the same thing. Surgery should be pretty cheap since everyone is doing it these days.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
thanks for all the input, definitely stuff to consider. The dr. that did my boobs said he thought it could be fixed nearly 100% with an in office scar revision since my abdominal muscles are in good shape and it is just the skin itself (which was what he said), but even in office it was close to 5 grand (go figure LOL). Maybe when I get the girls paid off I will bite the bullet LOL. Until then, I am just going to see if I can't get rid of as much as possible the hard way....diet and exercise

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
$5K is a bit much for a little lower level belly fat. 3 kids and that's all you have wrong you should be proud.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
thanks Lizard King...there was more wrong but I have been working on fixing those things that I can...I did have to pay to replace the breasts...but nursing for several years is not kind to them LOL.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
thanks for all the input, definitely stuff to consider. The dr. that did my boobs said he thought it could be fixed nearly 100% with an in office scar revision since my abdominal muscles are in good shape and it is just the skin itself (which was what he said), but even in office it was close to 5 grand (go figure LOL). Maybe when I get the girls paid off I will bite the bullet LOL. Until then, I am just going to see if I can't get rid of as much as possible the hard way....diet and exercise

Not a bad idea depending on how bad it bothers you. IMO the money is not the issue it is if you can be happy with it or if it will eat you up and make you miserable. And it is not a "scar" as far as I am concerned, you had 3 children, it is a battle wound of being Mom, we all have some left overs from child bearing. As LK said, if it is not a major issue for you, look at it an be proud !!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic