Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Budget Food

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
we get a whole cow butchered every year so that helps cut down on cost but we still spend roughly 1200 a month on food. 3 kids ages 2,3,7 plus the wife and me. the kids and i eat a serious amount of food.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
we get a whole cow butchered every year so that helps cut down on cost but we still spend roughly 1200 a month on food. 3 kids ages 2,3,7 plus the wife and me. the kids and i eat a serious amount of food.

How much does that run you and how much meat is that? Can anybody do that?

I spend about 800.00 a month on me an my 2 active teenage daughters.

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
Let's put this in perspective.......bulk typically equates to a better deal. Maybe if you teamed up with some people in your area (maybe even friends from the boards), you could approach the local butcher shop with an offer for several hundred pounds of chicken breasts, lean beef, turkey etc and all go in on it.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Let's put this in perspective.......bulk typically equates to a better deal. Maybe if you teamed up with some people in your area (maybe even friends from the boards), you could approach the local butcher shop with an offer for several hundred pounds of chicken breasts, lean beef, turkey etc and all go in on it.
Now your talking! I got a SAMS Club membership so if anyone in the Jacksonville FL area wants in DEC its on!

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
How much does that run you and how much meat is that? Can anybody do that?

I spend about 800.00 a month on me an my 2 active teenage daughters.

Kind of depends what the price per pound of whole beef is at the time you are buying it. And yep anyone can do it depending on your location, I know a farmer that raises grain feed cattle so we get it from him, sometichmes it can be a crap shoot getting good quality meat if you dont know where it is coming from.

overwatch

overwatch

MuscleHead
Jun 27, 2011
The prices of groceries will vary greatly by region both within the US and worldwide. In our area there's alot of farm land, but the prices of beef are still pretty high unless you by it by the side or whole.

We generally spend about $800 a month for us and our 4 year old. (she eats the same things we do)

We go through approx 5lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts a day ($1.88/lb at walmart), a dozen eggs a day, a quart of egg whites a day when I'm dieting but only every 5 days when just DC is, 3lbs (uncooked) brown rice and/or quinoa a week, 3lbs oats, usually 3-4 loaves of bread, 20+ pouches of tuna (depending on the week), and usually throw in salmon/tuna steaks/red meat a couple times a week only unless someone is running keto. The rest of our budget mostly goes to produce and misc other like natural pb which we buy in bulk and grind in store. We can go through a couple pounds in a week sometimes.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic