Latest Member
Samson0692
What's New?

Bruising from GH Injection?

TheRide

TheRide

VIP Member
Oct 6, 2017
Folks - Has anyone ever experienced bruising from GH injection in the belly area?? Got 2 decent bruises at injection sites. Its not painful, just black/blue. Using 29G 1/2" insulin pins. Should I try 31G 5/16" perhaps? Thoughts?

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
It happens, you might be pressing down on the slin pin with too much force. I prefer doing IM injections, rarely experience bruising from a slin pin that way although I still get them occasionally when I go too fast.

Also if you’re taking nsaids like ibuprofen and then taking doing a shot that will lead to bruising more easily.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I've had it happen with the 29g 1/2" slin pins as well. Par for the course I suppose

Last edited:
TheRide

TheRide

VIP Member
Oct 6, 2017
Im going to try a 31G 5/16th and will report back.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Size of the slin pin doesn't really matter. If you're getting a bruise it's because your hitting a vein. Not sure how to avoid this as you can't see a small vein under the skin. At least I can't.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Size of the slin pin doesn't really matter. If you're getting a bruise it's because your hitting a vein. Not sure how to avoid this as you can't see a small vein under the skin. At least I can't.

That's what I was thinking!....:)

luckysaint

luckysaint

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2011
Pin size doesnt matter, just put the subq inj into you leg near the inside of your knee. Pull the skin out and inj and you will never have this problem again also up your VitC intake that does help w bruising believe it or not

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
My girl years ago would get black and blue marks after injection from the China generics, never with the American made HGH.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I did some reading on this. It's possible that you hit a vein and the bruise is the bleeding. What I read wasn't from a bodybuilding site it was from insulin users, sub q. Just a thought.

The only time I've ever bruised was injecting oil sub q in the abs area.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Folks - Has anyone ever experienced bruising from GH injection in the belly area?? Got 2 decent bruises at injection sites. Its not painful, just black/blue. Using 29G 1/2" insulin pins. Should I try 31G 5/16" perhaps? Thoughts?

I always recommend 5/16” needle length for subQ.
Question: Are you using freshly reconstituted gh with non expired BAC water — using up your gh vile within 5 days? That can make a difference.
Alternatively, you can also pin (5/16 or 1/2” either is fine) in the shallow (surface) muscle tissue of your delts, or quads.
In times past, I also experienced periods of tiny bruising when continually pinning the stomach area subQ.. I quit that a couple years ago in favor of delts IM.

TheRide

TheRide

VIP Member
Oct 6, 2017
I always recommend 5/16” needle length for subQ.
Question: Are you using freshly reconstituted gh with non expired BAC water — using up your gh vile within 5 days? That can make a difference.
Alternatively, you can also pin (5/16 or 1/2” either is fine) in the shallow (surface) muscle tissue of your delts, or quads.
In times past, I also experienced periods of tiny bruising when continually pinning the stomach area subQ.. I quit that a couple years ago in favor of delts IM.

Thx bro - once I switched to 5/16th no issues. #knockonwood

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic