Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Bpc 157 for tendon repair?

Ironmike72

Ironmike72

Aug 13, 2012
Idk, but am recovering from a bicep rupture where a cadaver hamstring was used. I'm very interested in this too...

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I used Thymosin Beta 4 (TB 500) and BPC 157 for chronic recurring tendonitis in both elbows and it cleared up over a couple of months and my tendonitis has not come back in over a year since my treatment.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
I used Thymosin Beta 4 (TB 500) and BPC 157 for chronic recurring tendonitis in both elbows and it cleared up over a couple of months and my tendonitis has not come back in over a year since my treatment.

Hey Woodwise, what was your method of running TB 500? And the dose?
Thanks brother

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Hey Woodwise, what was your method of running TB 500? And the dose?
Thanks brother

Are you having tendonitis bro?

The TB 500 came in vials with 2mg of powder in each. I reconstituted with sterile water and injected the whole dose immediately (it is not stable after reconstituted). I injected half the dose in each sore area. Some say the effects are system wide so you don't have to inject into the site, but I noticed greater relief in the areas injected than those that were not injected.

My recollection of the protocol is I injected 2mg eod for a month, then 2mg 2x per week for a couple months then 2mg per month for a couple months. After the first month the symptoms improved quite a bit. After two months the symptoms were gone completely. So after a couple of follow up months of 2mg per month, I stopped and the treatment altogether and I have been over a year without serious reccurrence of my symptoms. I do occasionally have some soreness of the bicep or elbow, but a small amount of massage takes care of it now and it does not flare up into full blown tendonitis.

My tendonitis before TB 500 was chronic, having lasted over 6 months when I started treatment. The previous time I had a flare up (about 8 years ago my biceps and elbows became inflamed and that flare up lasted nearly a year) the only thing that helped was stopping training altogether for several months. This time I was determined not to stop training if I could find something else to address my problem.

Last edited:
Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Thank you. Yes I have had chronic tendonitis in my right rotator cuff area for over a year now.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I had shoulder problems in the joint. I resolved those with a combination of placing my finger on the joint and pressing down onto the top of the bone and rotating it, and rotator exercises with a 15 lb dumbbell.

There were two rotator exercises I did:

Standing, with my elbows bent and my hands pointing straight up, holding 15 lb dumbbells, lower my hands to the front, keeping the elbows bent at 90 degrees, and rotating only the shoulder joint, then raise to the starting point. That is 1 rep. I did 3 sets of 15 reps of these.

Lying on my side on a bench, I extended my top arm straight to the front of my chest (with my arm straight or slightly bent at the elbow), holding a 15 lb dumbbell. Then I lifted the arm across my chest until it was pointing straight toward the ceiling (kind of like a reverse flye) then I lowered the arm to the point of beginning. That is one rep. I did 3 sets of 15 reps of these.

It didn't take long, maybe 3 months of the rotator exercises to clear up my shoulder problems. Now if they flare up I do a few weeks of the exercises and they are gtg again.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I've got a buddy who just blew out a knee and is running Bpc157 post surgery.

He noticed that his ROM is increasing way faster after adding it - a really good sign.

He did not, however, that the doses need to start really small or you'll blow out your pants trying to run to the toilet.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
I suspect you should take another look at the CULTURE DISH, RAT TENDON study.

So what is needed to "heal injuries"? REPRODUCTION to the involved cellular elements.

Did this study demonstrate such an effect in CELL CULTURE? It did NOT!
Note while the fibroblasts showed "increased survival" and moved "migrated" about the plated area they did NOT PROLIFERATE. The latter being synonymous with reproduction!

Because ANIMAL culture studies are only the initial step in proving an compound is effective for humans, they should never be equated to in VIVO human research.

WHY for several reasons really but all the "necessary" growth media are simply added or squirted over those cells which does not even remotely approximate the biological equivalent of in VIVO "GROWTH"!

Best
Jim

Bpc 157 looks like a very promising peptide for aiding in tendon repair.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/?term=bpc+157+tendons

Anyone try it?

I was told try 250mcg daily in the affected area. Have a nagging tricep tendon id like to try this on.

Last edited:
Fanofiron

Fanofiron

May 11, 2014
I've got a buddy who just blew out a knee and is running Bpc157 post surgery.

He noticed that his ROM is increasing way faster after adding it - a really good sign.

He did not, however, that the doses need to start really small or you'll blow out your pants trying to run to the toilet.

Lmao! Get depends....noted!

strongarm

strongarm

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2010

I heard it needs to be injected close to the injury. I have golfer's Elbow and looking to use it. Where did you inject it for the tendonitis?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic