Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Boiled eggs vs Scrambled eggs?

K

keys619

Jun 15, 2013
what do you guys recommend fora lean person bulking up..... Boiling my eggs or scrambling them in a pan with a little butter and milk??

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
for bulking does not matter. whatever you like better. milk skim would be good post w/o whole milk in the morning

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
However you like them. Butter and milk will add some fat and carbs. Not a bad thing about it. Try coconut oil. Great energy from that stuff.

K

keys619

Jun 15, 2013
However you like them. Butter and milk will add some fat and carbs. Not a bad thing about it. Try coconut oil. Great energy from that stuff.

For protein purposes what's the best way to do eggs IYO?

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
does not matter whole eggs will have extra fat in it. i do egg whites in the morning when i am cutting. whole eggs offseason. same amount of protein

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
That depends what you are trying to accomplish. For the most part it doesn't matter. If you are looking to compete, you can make some tweaks. Eggs alone without any added fats or oils will digest the fastest. Egg whites alone are even faster. So, for a post workout, egg whites, maybe one or two yolks. Add a glass of lowfat milk for carbs. For breakfast, minimize the carbs. Use whole eggs. Try the coconut oil. Get those calories from fat. Add some broccoli and thats a kick ass start to the day. For general bulking or really if you don't care too much about body composition, just eat them however you like and count your macros.

K

keys619

Jun 15, 2013
That depends what you are trying to accomplish. For the most part it doesn't matter. If you are looking to compete, you can make some tweaks. Eggs alone without any added fats or oils will digest the fastest. Egg whites alone are even faster. So, for a post workout, egg whites, maybe one or two yolks. Add a glass of lowfat milk for carbs. For breakfast, minimize the carbs. Use whole eggs. Try the coconut oil. Get those calories from fat. Add some broccoli and thats a kick ass start to the day. For general bulking or really if you don't care too much about body composition, just eat them however you like and count your macros.

YES...just good ol fashioned general bulking purposes, I've been told EGGS and lots of MILK.....

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
For some reason I can eat a ton of scrambled eggs. Far more than if they were boiled or fried. Sooooo....

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
I go through a dozen eggs a day 6-8 scrambled then the test boiled and a gallon of whole milk. If I'm trying to stay leaner or am cutting I just switch 2% milk.

K

keys619

Jun 15, 2013
I go through a dozen eggs a day 6-8 scrambled then the test boiled and a gallon of whole milk. If I'm trying to stay leaner or am cutting I just switch 2% milk.

That should do the trick!.........

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
I used boiled eggs for snacks mostly...easy to cart around

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
does not matter whole eggs will have extra fat in it. i do egg whites in the morning when i am cutting. whole eggs offseason. same amount of protein

Actually, there is some protein in the yolk. For instance, in a jumbo egg, there is about 6g of prot per egg. The albumin contains about 4-4.5g. All of the micros and omegas are in the yolk too, so I typically try to eat at least one whole egg, regardless of the season.

As for boiling vs pan frying, no difference. The only time you should worry about boiling is when you're boiling veggies and fruits etc. Some of the nutrients will transfer in to the water.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic